Senior Security Engineer
At Deliveroo, it is our mission to build the definitive food company. In order to do that, we’re building a company where everyone can belong, grow and do the best work of their lives.
As a Security Engineer you will have the opportunity to build, and implement various company wide security controls and technologies. Working closely with key business stakeholders and members of the Security team, you will roll up your sleeves and help execute the security strategy and roadmap.
Reporting to the Head of Security Architecture and Engineering, this hands-on technical role will be working on a range of security projects and activities. You will be directly influencing the security posture of many projects across the company to ensure that security plays a key part in everything we do.
What you’ll be doing
- Act as one of the central points of contact with the business with regards to cyber security.
- Work with Security Architects and other key stakeholders to ensure that security is built into the design of projects and initiatives across the business.
- Build, implement and maintain key security controls and technologies for the Security team and the company aligned to the security strategy and roadmap.
- Analyse applications, systems, and infrastructure to identify key security risks, and recommend and drive security improvements.
- Contribute to business and security requirements in product evaluations via the RFP process.
- Collaborate with the Product Security function to ensure the appropriate security controls and technologies are in place across the tech stack to support DevSecOps.
- Provide SME support for security technologies or in the event of a security incident as required.
- Contribute to Security Risk Management function on the development of security policies and standards, security audits, risk management, and security awareness and training.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong hands-on and technical background with a solid understanding of enterprise systems, the various security threats and risks they face, and how to remediate them.
- 4+years experience in building and deploying Cloud workloads.
- Experience in scripting/coding (Python, PHP, C#, Java, Ruby), building tools and re-factoring code.
- Worked on implementing SDLC into large enterprise organisations.
- Broad knowledge of the security technologies and capabilities used in an enterprise, particularly in a high growth, cloud based environment.
- Experience with AWS/GCP and containerised environments (e.g., AWS ECS) and ensuring that security architecture and engineering aligns to that model.
- Deep knowledge of at least one security domain (e.g., identity and access management, application security, data security, cloud security, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Preferred, but not required:
- A mix of consulting and industry experience.
- Experience integrating security into the development lifecycle and CI/CD Pipeline.
- Knowledge of security compliance standards and regulations including the GDPR/Data protection.
Our mission is to be the definitive food company. We are transforming the way the world eats by making food more convenient and accessible. We give people the opportunity to eat what they want, when and where they want it.
We are a technology-driven company at the forefront of the most rapidly expanding industry in the world. We are still a small team, making a very large impact, seeking to answer some of the most interesting questions out there. We move fast, value autonomy and ownership, and we are always looking for new ideas.
Workplace & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business and we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away and relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs