Splunk SME & Vulnerability Operations Engineer
Eagan, Minnesota, United States
At phia, our goal is to hire talented and passionate team members who desire to grow their skillsets, as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients, and stakeholders. We love to engage with intellectually curious individuals who possess the skill sets that meet our customer’s needs.
We have an opportunity for a highly skilled Splunk & Vulnerability Operations Engineer to join the security team of a nationwide government organization In this position, you will support the Eagan, MN-based Vulnerability Management & Assessments (VMA) program at a large enterprise Data Center Facility. This is a full-time, on site reporting position (not eligible for remote/telework).
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, and maintain complex Splunk queries and dashboards intended for technical and executive audiences.
- Architect, implement and operate Splunk solutions across a large and diverse enterprise.
- Assist in development of advanced vulnerability operations use cases in Splunk.
- Collaborate with analysts and leaders to develop and implement automation and efficiencies with Splunk and vulnerability management operations workflows, provide analyst training and workshops on using Splunk, and introduce new content, alerts and data sources to vulnerability analysts.
- Develop and present program status / metrics to management.
- Manage the configuration and tuning of Splunk apps, including Splunk Enterprise Security (ES), custom dashboards, and system integrations.
- Provide guidance and leadership to determine, develop, plan, test, and implement Splunk requirements for the vulnerability management and assessments team.
- Partner with Vulnerability Management & Assessments (VMA) users to gather requirements for building content and use cases in Splunk.
- Lead special projects or investigations into specific technology or solution issues to shepherd research and piloting of new technologies.
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience delivering software implementation projects within a professional services organization
- Prior experience with vulnerability scanning, DAST, container security, or cloud security, especially in integrating into Splunk as data sources.
- Good understanding and hands on experience of designing business solution using one of analytics tool like Splunk, Kibana or Elasticsearch etc.
- Good experience with dashboards, reports, alerts and managing knowledge objects.
- Using Datamodels and summary index for faster results.
- Creating dynamic alerts based on machine learning models from Splunk ML ToolKit.
- Working familiarity with multiple programming tools and development environments.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills .
- Strong desire and ability to learn quickly and acquire new skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- This position will require U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust (or higher) government clearance.
Who you are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service-oriented and mission-focused.
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time (W-2) employees:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement
- Monthly Payroll
phia does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs