Chief Information Security Officer
The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is accountable for the ongoing development and execution of cybersecurity at Tanium. This role reports directly to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and is accountable for thought leadership, policy development and both process and technology control implementation & operation across Tanium.
The CISO will manage Tanium’s technology-focused Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) team as well as Tanium’s Cybersecurity teams, covering the full suite of Security Engineering and Security Operations. Additionally, this role will work closely with Product Management and Engineering to provide feedback on real-world usage of Tanium’s products and the strategic direction of Tanium’s technologies.
What you'll do:
- Define, develop and manage the ongoing implementation of cybersecurity at Tanium.
- Hire, mentor, and scale a world-class cybersecurity organization.
- Work with Tanium’s GRC organization and leaders across Tanium to implement, audit and evolve process and technological security controls across the company.
- Monitor, measure and report on the efficacy of cybersecurity controls - and be directly accountable to the CIO and Tanium’s leadership team and board of directors.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company to develop thought leadership relevant to Tanium’s products as well as viewpoints on relevant industry trends and technologies.
- Work closely with the internal security and engineering teams to drive feature development and product improvement, including consultation on the development and implementation of cloud-native security architecture for Tanium’s SaaS offerings.
- Maintain relationships with customer leadership and key accounts as appropriate.
We're looking for someone with:
- 5-7 years of experience as an operational, primary CISO.
- 15-20 years of combined experience in information technology and security roles.
- Direct experience with well-known operational, financial, and cybersecurity frameworks, including but not limited to ISO 27001, SOX, SOC2, FedRAMP, CMMC, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, etc.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree or Equivalent experience. CISSP or similar certification is preferred
- A proven leader with a strong reputation information security industry and a passion for information security fundamentals.
- A highly dynamic range, capable and comfortable of engaging with board members as well with security analysts and internal business leaders.
- Strong knowledge of fundamental cybersecurity domains, such as cloud security, applied cryptography, governance, risk and compliance, and incident response.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, with past experience authoring industry perspectives and presenting at conferences.
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs