Firewall Security Engineer
Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
At phia, our goal is to hire talented and passionate team members who desire to grow their skillsets, as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients, and stakeholders. At phia, our goal is to hire talented and passionate team members who desire to grow their skillsets, as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients, and stakeholders. We are looking for a Firewall Security Engineer to join a high-visibility Cybersecurity Engineering team with our government customer. This opportunity is currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This could change in the future, and candidates may be expected to work on-site.
What You'll Do
As part of this CISO Engineering Team, you will:
- Consult with other members of the project team to develop requirements documentation.
- Review firewall rule sets and log analysis for inefficient, unneeded, and unapproved rules.
- Research problems and recommend solutions to improve firewall security.
- Support a nationwide implementation of firewalls by validating, testing, and managing firewall rules.
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- 3+ years of related operational experience
- Ability to effectively review existing firewall rules for compliance, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Demonstrated experience with ServiceNow Change/Incident/Problem management.
- Experience with network firewalls and rule configuration for Cisco devices.
- Familiarity with network discovery
One or more of the following certifications is preferred:
- ForeScout FSCE or ForeScout FSCA
- CompTIA Network+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH)
Security Clearance Requirements
- Ability to obtain Public Trust (or higher) government clearance. Active USPS Sensitive clearance preferred.
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service-oriented and mission-focused.
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
- Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
phia does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Incident Response Manager Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs