Security Engineer - Forescout
Morrisville, North Carolina, United States
At phia, our goal is to hire talented and passionate team members who desire to grow their skillsets, as well as the reputation of the company with our partners, clients, and stakeholders. We are looking for a Forescout Security Engineer to join the security team of a nationwide government organization. The ideal candidate will be a goal-oriented information security practitioner who possess the ability to apply technical solutions to business requirements, propelling the organization to achieve business, technical, and security related goals. This opportunity is currently remote due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This could change in the future, and candidates may be expected to work on-site.
What You'll Do
- Assess security posture through performing network analysis, problem identification, and solution designs.
- Support Industrial Control / Processing environment requiring constant uptime.
- Determine true threats, false positives and network system misconfigurations and provide solutions in a timely manner.
- Provide Daily Operational Support for security tools used by the client.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert in the analysis of tool outputs and providing recommendations for improving overall security posture.
- Develop, refine, and plan for future iterations of the Asset Management program.
- Develop and enforce authorized network/device policies to increase security posture.
- Analyze data imports into Splunk for accuracy and completeness; compare data from the various network security tools to identify overlaps and search for gaps
- Conduct initial triage assessments of findings from network security tools
- Engages with other internal and external forces to get and share information to improve processes and security posture
- Troubleshoots application connectivity and performance through log analysis and network captures, etc.
Education + Experience
- BA/BS in computer science, information security, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Experience with ForeScout CounterACT.
- 5+ years of security engineering experience.
- Experience evaluating systems and network devices and enterprise networks for IA vulnerabilities.
- A very good understanding of network and information security including TCP/IP and communication protocols.
- Understanding all layers of OSI model, IP routing, and switching.
- Knowledge of Splunk including extracting reports via queries, creating, and understanding dashboards.
One or more of the following certifications is preferred:
- ForeScout FSCE or ForeScout FSCA
- CompTIA Network+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (C|EH)
Security Clearance Requirements
- Ability to obtain Public Trust (or higher) government clearance. Active USPS Sensitive clearance preferred.
Who You Are
- A proactive problem solver that appreciates the challenges of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious with a genuine desire to learn and advance your career.
- An effective communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Customer service-oriented and mission-focused.
If your experience and qualifications aren’t a match for this position, you will remain in our database for consideration for future opportunities that may be a better fit.
Who We Are
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, and Information Assurance/Security. we proudly support various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia values work-life balance and offers the following benefits to full-time employees:
- Comprehensive medical insurance to include dental and vision
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
- Flex Spending Accounts (FSA)
phia does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Incident Response Manager Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs