Senior Security Engineer
Remote - Dallas, Texas, United States
Digital Shadows is fast growth company with offices in London, San Francisco, Dallas, Frankfurt and Singapore. Our mission is to protect organizations from external digital risks across the open, deep, and dark web. We do this by providing relevant threat intelligence, context, expertise, and remediation that enables organizations and security teams to focus on their core business in the digital era. Our SearchLight™ service combines scalable data analytics with threat intelligence analysts to monitor for cyber threats, data leakage, reputation risks and a whole lot more. You can learn more about us at www.digitalshadows.com or review the Forrester New Wave report where we were named the leader in Digital Risk Protection.
We are currently seeking a US-based Senior Security Engineer to help drive a broad range of security initiatives across the organization. The Senior Security Engineer will be responsible for managing, and more importantly improving our existing security processes and will play an integral role in the organization's Work from Anywhere initiative, assisting with the ongoing transition away from perimeter-based security towards an architecture that embraces the principles of the Zero Trust security model.
The ideal candidate will preferably be based in Texas, US.
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining and maturing our cloud (AWS) monitoring solutions, including Guard Duty, Config, and Security Hub.
- Respond to and act on security incidents as part of the Incident Response team, as well as identify ways to prevent incidents reoccurring.
- Configure, monitor and respond to automated alerts from EDR & SIEM with a focus on tuning our tools to ensure we receive the highest fidelity alerts possible.
- Identify, track & resolve vulnerabilities as part of our vulnerability management program.
- Conduct third-party risk assessments.
- Participate in internal security assessments such as Purple Team exercises to ensure our controls and detections are working as intended, and identify gaps.
- Develop internal tooling to automate repeatable tasks.
- 5+ years of information security experience.
- Experience monitoring and securing AWS environments. (e.g., CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Inspector, GuardDuty, Security Hub)
- Knowledge or experience with SASE services, particularly CASB and ZTNA.
- Knowledge of and experience with programming/scripting (e.g., Python, Bash, PowerShell)
- Experience with a broad range of security solutions, including: EDR, SIEM, and Vulnerability Management tools.
- Experience building and maintaining security systems.
- Experience of Windows, Linux/Unix, or macOS systems.
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a global, fast-paced, and dynamic working environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, positive, self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Experience deploying and maintaining CASB solutions.
- AWS Certified Security.
- Experience with transitioning to cloud-based SIEM solutions.
- Security certifications such as GIAC GSEC, GIAC GCIH, CEH desired.
- Experience with Application Security testing and tooling (e.g., SAST, DAST, etc.)
- Generous compensation package which includes; competitive salary, annual bonus, stock options and expense reimbursements related to travel and remote working.
- Excellent benefits; generous health insurance, paid time off (PTO), volunteering days, paid parental leave, paid military leave, paid sick leave, long service award of additional PTO, employee assistance program and mental health support.
- Spirited and energetic culture; regular team building events (in-person and online), monthly employee care packages, employee engagement activities with prizes, weekly updates from our cofounders, employee thank you cash awards, company swag!
- Career Development: In-house training programs and online learning management platforms, employee career path programs, professional certification and eduction support.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs