Senior HIPAA/Information Security Analyst
New York, USA, Remote; Massachusetts, USA, Remote
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
The Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) team works within the Information Security organization and across Datadog to implement, monitor, and continuously improve Datadog’s security, risk, and compliance programs.
As a Senior Security Analyst, you will lead security efforts to acquire and maintain industry certifications, design solutions that enable Datadog’s security goals, and collaborate directly with engineering teams to work quickly and securely. You will be responsible for defining the implementation of technical compliance capabilities and lead efforts to provide transparency to customers, prospects and other stakeholders.
This role is focused on building and operating a global HIPAA compliance program. You will provide technical recommendations on scoping the environment, guide the protection of regulated ePHI, and lead the continuous improvement of Datadog’s HIPAA program.
This role will also be responsible to create and maintain solutions that uphold Datadog’s continuous compliance and synthesize a broad set of industry and federal regulations.
- Play a lead role in designing and maintaining a global HIPAA compliance program.
- Provide precise guidance and feedback on the implementation of technical architecture and engineering requirements.
- Lead and coordinate technical risk assessments to validate and enhance Datadog’s HIPAA program and architecture.
- Design solutions using modern technology that allow Datadog’s security and engineering teams to move quickly and adapt to an evolving threat landscape.
- Coordinate the implementation of technical security capabilities and engineering requirements.
- Create documentation to provide transparency to customers, prospects and other stakeholders.
- Create and maintain automated solutions to uphold Datadog’s continuous compliance with a broad set of industry and federal regulations.
- Drive compliance efforts to enable Datadog to enter increasingly regulated markets.
- You have a BS or at least 5 years of relevant industry experience.
- You have delivered or helped develop a HIPAA program, understand how to articulate controls, and how to design effective compensating controls where necessary.
- You have a deep understanding of how to achieve compliance objectives in a cloud native environment.
- You have familiarity with AWS, GCP, or Azure.
- You have a proven track record working in security audit, compliance, information security operations, or security consulting.
- You value correctness and efficiency, and have an exceptional eye for detail.
- You have exposure to compliance and regulatory regimes (e.g. FedRAMP, GDPR, HIPAA, ISO 27001, PCI DSS).
- You want to work in a fast, high growth environment.
- You’ve managed a multi-cloud HIPAA program.
- You hold a relevant certification (CCSFP, CHQP, CIPT).
- Relevant security industry certification (CISSP, CISA, GIAC) or Specialist Certification (ISO 27001 Lead Auditor/Implementer).
- Background in IT or Security Operations.
- You like to automate the boring stuff.
- Experience implementing a multi-cloud based security program.
<p style="background-color:white;color:white;">#LI-Remote This is a remote position</p>
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Engineer Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs