Senior Security Engineer - Compliance Operations
New York, USA, Remote; Massachusetts, USA, Remote
We're on a mission to build the best platform in the world for engineers to understand and securely scale their systems, applications, and teams. We operate at a high scale—trillions of data points per day—providing always-on alerting, metrics visualization, logs, and application tracing for tens of thousands of companies who trust Datadog with their data each and every day. Our engineering culture values pragmatism, honesty, and simplicity to solve hard problems the right way.
Datadog is looking for a Senior Security Software Engineer to join our Compliance Operations team. The Compliance Ops team is responsible for designing, reviewing and implementing key security controls and technologies, collaborating on engineering and business efforts across the company, and operating as security-related software engineering subject matter experts in direct support of security compliance initiatives and requirements. Working in partnership with GRC and other Software Engineering teams, you will help secure Datadog’s evolving hybrid cloud platform as we seek to better serve the growing community of customers who rely on us every day.
- Provide leadership with cross-team security training to raise security awareness, advocate coding best security practices and standardize security testing capabilities across Engineering DevOps teams.
- Contribute to security solution design(s) and implementation(s) that leverage modern services, architecture and technology to enable Datadog’s security and engineering teams to quickly adapt to an evolving hybrid cloud threat landscape.
- Participate in the creation, review and implementation of technical security and compliance-related engineering requirements across multiple Engineering teams
- Document Datadog security practices to guide engineers and provide transparency to customers, prospects and other stakeholders.
- Discover, design, develop and maintain automated solutions to uphold Datadog’s continuous compliance program across a broad set of industry and federal regulations and requirements.
- Drive compliance efforts to enable Datadog to enter increasingly regulated markets, identify gaps for continuous improvement action.
- You have a BS in Computer Science, Cybersecurity and/or equivalent experience.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant software engineering experience and are proficient in at least two programming languages.
- You are fully fluent in Go or Python.
- You have an additional 3-5 years of relevant security engineering or Compliance experience.
- You’ve successfully automated tedious, mundane or routine tasks with custom scripts or tooling.
- You understand how to articulate security controls and what it takes to achieve and maintain security compliance in a cloud native environment.
- Exposure to multiple compliance and regulatory regimes (e.g. FedRAMP, GDPR, HIPAA, ISO 27001, PCI DSS).
- You want to be part of a team within a fast paced, high growth environment that values pragmatism and initiative.
- Your writing is beyond reproach.
- MS in Computer Science or Cybersecurity
- Relevant CSP Certification(s): AWS, GCP, Azure
- Relevant Industry Certification(s) (CISSP, CISA, GCIH).
- Verbal communication is your cup of tea.
<p style="background-color:white;color:white;">#LI-Remote This is a remote position</p>
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs