Senior Penetration Tester
Remote - USA
Our mission at Dragos is to protect the world’s most critical infrastructure from adversaries who wish to do it harm. We help defend industrial organizations that provide us with the necessities of modern civilization: running water, functioning electricity, and safe industrial working environments. We are practitioners who have lived through and solved real security challenges. Our team members have responded to incidents including the 2015 Ukraine power grid attack, analyzed the CRASHOVERRIDE malware identified in the 2016 Ukraine electric grid attack, analyzed the TRISIS malware discovered in the petrochemical facility attack in 2017, built and led the National Security Agency (NSA) mission to identify nation-states targeting critical infrastructure, and performed assessments on hundreds of assets around the world. The Dragos Professional Services team serves as the boots-on-the-ground industry experts in solving industrial control system (ICS) security challenges. We then bring current operational insights back from the field and integrate them into our software technology: The Dragos Platform. We're looking for individuals who are passionate about safeguarding civilization, with hands-on experience in performing vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, and red teaming. Candidates will be working directly with U.S. and international customers and directly contributing to R&D efforts.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on a team performing vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, and red teaming in industrial environments. These engagements include a range of tasks such as documentation review and gap analysis, and active exploitation of customer owned hardware and software.
- Contribute to the final delivery of findings and recommendations documents. This includes verbally presenting findings and addressing customer questions.
- Turn insights from customer engagements into research and innovation projects to fuel Dragos technology advancement. This includes the analysis of packet capture (PCAP) and other data types to produce protocol dissectors, characterizations, signatures, and other analytics.
- Turn insights from customer engagements into content for the Dragos customer training program. This includes authoring new lesson and exercise material, and facilitating the Dragos five-day ICS security course.
- Create and facilitate tabletop exercises tailored to customer infrastructures and environments, with detailed scenarios illustrating consequences and effects. Participate in exercises in order to showcase Dragos capabilities and transfer knowledge that enables customers to respond to real-world attacks.
- Serve as a mentor for fellow team members.
- Willingness to be a team player on a fast-moving team focused on rapidly elevating the state of industrial security.
- 4+ years of hands-on cybersecurity experience, and familiarity with red teaming and threat emulation using known/expected tactics employed by nation state and other advanced threat actors.
- Hands-on experience with common assessment and penetration testing tools such as Metasploit, Kali Linux, Cobalt Strike, Nessus, etc.
- Understanding of cyber threats, common attack vectors, exploits, and adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTP).
- Ability to research and recommend prioritized, cost-effective mitigations for identified vulnerabilities.
- Ability to collect and analyze network data in a cybersecurity context.
- Excellent social, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to facilitate training and present complex analytical data to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, both domestic and international (average travel is 35%).
- Self-motivated and results focused; ability to strengthen the team and its mission.
- Expertise or interest in industrial control systems and industrial communications protocols.
- Hands on knowledge and experience in industrial environments and technologies including PLCs, RTUs, instrumentation, industrial protocols, and the industrial processes they sustain is a plus
- Experience with various controls frameworks including IEC62443 and NERC CIP is a plus
- Industry certifications focused on penetration testing, such as Offensive Security Certified Professional/Expert (OSCP/OSCE) and GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN) are preferred
Job region(s): Remote/Anywhere North America
Job stats: 22 0 0
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Incident Response Manager Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs