Network and Security Engineer
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented, cleared Network & Security Engineer to support a small federal agency. The program provides various support services including Security Operations, Help Desk, FISMA Readiness, and Network Security Administration. To support this mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Security Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To support the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in network and systems. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of complexities related to Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of critical network and security infrastructure. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with Cisco network, and Windows/Linux Security Administration.
Note: The program is remote currently but post-pandemic there is an expectation for onsite work.
The Network and Security Administrator will assist to support the full system engineering life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, implementation, maintenance, integration, and documentation of network and security infrastructure.
This person will be installing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network security solutions and related monitoring tools including L2/L3 network security devices, IDS/IPS, Endpoint (AV, DLP, Endpoint Detection & Response), and other agency infrastructure (Nutanix/Citrix VDIs). The individual will be responsible for supporting LAN/WAN security solutions including creating and maintaining LAN/WAN security standards and design documentation and develop and assist with new LAN/WAN security applications and hardware as assigned. The person will be administering Symantec and CrowdStrike A/V solutions along with managing existing and new data sources to be brought into AlienVault SIEM and Splunk Enterprise Security in the near future. Strong written and oral communication with the ability to communicate with team members and interact directly with management and customer daily.
The person will remediate service interruptions and support to client personnel as needed throughout the day with their VDI environments including:
- Providing hardware, software, and maintenance support for the Nutanix platform.
- Upgrading as needed the Citrix NetScaler's operating system to the latest stable code base to mitigate and resolve vulnerabilities.
- Upgrading Citrix VDI platform applications to the latest stable code base and resolve all identified vulnerabilities.
- Integrating and validating PIV authentication.
- Creating an updated hosting server user image.
- Configuring dependent Citrix component applications for functionality during restoration, upgrades, and bug fixes.
- Providing quarterly maintenance of VDI environment such as install service packs, bug fixes and version functionality upgrades, optimize environment, etc.
- Providing documentation of the platform production installed state (As-Is Diagram).
- Surveying current environment to determine the root cause of an outage.
- Providing unlimited phone consulting support 8am to 4pm (Monday to Friday) excluding Federal holidays.
- Providing capacity guidance for future platform enhancements.
- Providing administration training for staff.
- ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED. In addition to the specific clearance requirement, the individual must be eligible to obtain an SCI.
- Degree in information technology or related field from a college or university that is accredited by a national or regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- 2+ years of prior relevant network or systems administration experience.
Advanced working knowledge of the following:
- O&M and troubleshooting of network and security architecture.
- Security Operations center architectural design principles.
- Systems, network and data communication protocols. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field such as NIST, FISMA and Common Criteria regulations and standards.
- Network Security tool development.
- Cisco Call Manager experience.
- Hands-on experience configuring Windows domain systems such as Active Directory and group policies.
- Hands-on experience with basic configuration and deployment of Linux OS systems.
- Hands-on experience with SIEM products including ArcSight, AlienVault, Splunk Enterprise Security, or others.
- Ability to write and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, and training materials.
- CCNA or CCNP certification.
- Nutanix and Citrix certifications and experience
- Security+ certification.
- Microsoft MCSE.
- RedHat RHCSA/RHCSE or Linux Foundation LCFS/LCFE certifications.
- Network security certification such as SANS certifications.
- Experience with Netwrix DLP.
- Experience with Office 365 log ingestion into a SIEM.
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements – US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs