Bugcrowd is the world's #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the world's most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
Bugcrowd is looking for a creative, enterprising, and intrinsically motivated individual to join our growing Pen Testing team. As a Security Consultant, you'll be part of a small but impactful team of individuals directly responsible for executing pentests for Bugcrowd clients.
The ideal candidate is a quick learner of complex environments and processes and an effective communicator with proven capabilities of working with a project team and delivery schedules. Security Consultants should have a strong understanding of common security issues and concepts such as the OWASP Top Ten, common pentesting/vulnerability assessment tools, and a passion for delivering results. Acting as a technical resource and integrated with teams, this role is critical to the delivery of ongoing services to our clients.
Primary Role Responsibilities:
- Perform pen testing of project assets and report findings via the integrated platform. This includes web apps, APIs, cloud (Azure and AWS), mobile, devices, and network infrastructure.
- Follow specified methodologies and adhere to testing boundaries.
- Work as part of a team and provide support where needed.
- Write and peer review reports and communicate directly with project managers, security architects, and technicians.
- Execute testing within Australian east coast business hours (08:00 - 18:00 AEST/AEDT/GMT+10). Some tests may fall outside of these hours, but the majority of tests will need to be completed within these hours.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- One to two years professional experience in customer facing pen testing.
- Understanding of how common security testing tools are utilised and to what purposes (examples include Burp, Postman, Nmap, Kali, Metasploit, gobuster, etc).
- Ability to explain common security vulnerabilities - at a minimum, the OWASP top ten, but ideally beyond.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to independently find solutions to both technical and non-technical problems with no apparent answer.
- Thrives in challenging business and technical scenarios
- OSCP, eWPT or equivalent certification or experience.
- Has an appetite for assertive conversations amongst stakeholders to drive project outcomes and deliverables
- Personal and professional history that will pass national and international security and background checks.
- At Bugcrowd, we understand that diversity in the workplace is vital to a company's success and growth. We strive to make sure that people are included and have a sense of being part of making Bugcrowd not only a great product but a great place to work.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artists — you get the point..
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Opportunities to attend & host relevant conferences & meetups.
- Flexible vacation time.
- Mental Health Days
At Bugcrowd, we are solving security threats and vulnerabilities that are relevant to everyone, therefore we believe solving these problems takes all kinds of backgrounds. We value the perspectives and experiences people from underrepresented backgrounds bring. We are a supportive & collaborative team who understand that reaching Bugcrowd's potential depends on the happiness of the employee.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes under state and federal law. Background checks will be conducted for positions that involve access to confidential or proprietary information (including trade secrets).
Background checks may include Social Security verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs