Security Researcher Intern
Hillsboro, OR US
Posted 5 months ago
Intel's Product Assurance & Security (IPAS) organization is chartered with building & maintaining customer trust through unparalleled security, privacy & assurance of Intel products. This org. drives security & assurance governance, identifies emerging threats, secures existing products through mitigations, and defines & initiates future security innovations for Intel products.
Within IPAS, the Security Research Team performs offensive security research in search for vulnerabilities within the complex end-to-end world of compute systems spanning Clients, Servers, Devices, IoT, Auto, Network, AI/ML, and other product segments.
Our team's goal is to discover vulnerabilities, define, develop, and deploy countermeasures into Intel products through close collaboration with partner R&D teams. This requires creative analysis of potential threats, developing complex exploits, root causing failure modes, and developing robust countermeasures and mitigations.
Your role requires a hacker mind-set thinking, maintaining substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art security principles, theories, attacks etc. and contribute those insights to internal and external stakeholders. Participation in development of intellectual property is also a responsibility.
Please be informed that Intel is proactively trying to find candidates for this position and that this position may not be available at this time.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/ classes/ research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Current enrollment in a Masters or Ph.D. program in CS, EECS, ECE, or related computing discipline in USA
6+ months expertise or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Threat modeling
- Security code review, analysis and vulnerability assessment
- Reverse engineering skills
- Exploitation and mitigation technique developments
- Security testing techniques including fuzzing, pen-testing, pre-silicon FPGA prototyping
- Expertise in architecting, strategizing and evangelizing advanced product security counter measures into products is valuable.
- In-depth experience with security threats, vulnerability research, physical and side-channel attack techniques (power analysis, fault injection, fault analysis, reverse engineering, etc.)
- Knowledge of security technologies: authentication, cryptography, secure protocol, etc.
- Knowledge of computer architecture CPU, SoC, chipsets, BIOS, Firmware, Drivers, and others
The ideal candidate should also have:
- A growth mindset, dedication and an extraordinary learning ability.
- Ability to work autonomously in a less structured startup type environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to span security expertise over HW, SW and Firmware domains.
- Passion for technology and building security into technology.
Inside this Business Group
Intel's Product Assurance & Security team is chartered with building & maintaining customer trust through unparalleled security, privacy & assurance of Intel products. This team drives security & assurance governance, identifies emerging threats, secures existing products through mitigations and defines & initiates future security innovations for Intel products.
US, Arizona, Phoenix