Sr. Product Manager, Pentester Experience
Remote — Germany
Who We Are
Cobalt is a fast-growing startup that is redefining pentesting and making cybersecurity easier and more accessible. Our Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) platform, coupled with an exclusive global community of testers, delivers the real-time insights you need to remediate risk quickly and innovate securely. We have Scandinavian roots, an American base and a global outlook. Our remote-first team is characterized by a fun, fast-paced and collaborative culture based on individual responsibility and ownership.
All organizations need security testing for their software and we are building the world’s largest and smartest pentest platform to help solve this challenge at scale.
As Senior Product Manager for our Pentester Experience (PX) team you will drive the definition, development, adoption and usage of our Cobalt application for our pentester community. You will take ownership of one of our applications as you innovate and execute initiatives designed to empower our users to deliver quality at speed to our customers.
You will merge attention to technical detail with the ability to understand and align business objectives, while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive insights and inputs directly into the development process. You will work closely with the Cobalt pentester community, our pentest operations team and other agile pods.
What You Would Do
As a member of a growing team of product managers your responsibilities include:
- Owning the product vision for your area. Ensuring that it aligns with the overall product and company vision. Being an expert in the domain, the market, the trends. Evangelizing the vision constantly so all stakeholders are aligned, having context and understanding where we are going.
- Representing our pentester community. Working directly with our pentest community and internal stakeholders such as our Pentest Operations to bring their voice into the development process.
- Managing the platform roadmap. Making tough tactical prioritization decisions while enabling the company to think long-term. Building trust with stakeholders by maintaining an understandable, accurate roadmap.
- Collaborating across teams. We win or lose as a team. Product managers are critical in creating alignment between engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Developing familiarity with information security, vulnerability disclosure, pentester culture, vulnerability management and other security domain areas.
- Becoming an expert in pentesting best-practices. You are ready to discuss and demonstrate technical details with developers, product designers, security operations, pentesters, customers and sales prospects.
- Measuring success. Owning the measures used to define success for your product. Success measures must be defined at the inception of a product and tracked throughout its lifecycle. Making measures visible to all stakeholders and interpret them into actionable conclusions and new hypothesis.
- Developing new opportunities for our market.
You Must Have
- 8+ years experience in Product Management with demonstrated ability to discover new opportunities and then define and deliver products. Experience in the security industry, or as a pentester/security freelancer in a fast-growing software company is a plus.
- Strong user and stakeholder empathy. You must not only be the voice of our users and customers but at various times the voice of security operations, customer success, marketing, finance, engineering, and sales. You must be able to channel many points of view.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’re great at explaining highly technical topics to technical and non technical audiences, with a talent for building empathy for user problems.
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data-driven product decision-making.
- A can-do attitude and ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with agile software development.
- Experience working with global team members.
Why You Should Join Us
- Grow in a passionate, rapidly expanding industry operating at the forefront of the Pentesting industry
- Work directly with experienced senior leaders with ongoing mentorship opportunities
- Make the most of our flexible, unlimited paid time off, remote working and travel policies
- Earn competitive compensation and an attractive equity plan
- Leverage stipends for wellness, work-from-home and learning & development
- Treat yourself to paid remote lunches
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs