Senior Security Engineer
XOR Security is currently seeking a talented Senior Security Engineer to support an Agency-level SOC at DHS. The SOC program provides comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. Security Engineers will conduct Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of critical security infrastructure for a 24x7x365 SOC environment.
To support this vital mission, XOR staff are on the forefront of providing Advanced CND Operations, and Security Engineering support to include the development of advanced analytics and countermeasures to protect critical assets from hostile adversaries. To support the integrity, security, and resiliency of critical operations, we are seeking candidates with diverse backgrounds in security engineering and systems administration. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of complexities related to Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of critical security infrastructure for a 24x7x365 environment. Additionally, the ideal candidate would be familiar with managing intrusion detection systems, Security Information Event Management (SIEM), endpoint threat detection and response, host-based intrusion prevention, antivirus, various firewall technologies, Storage Area Network (SAN), and virtual computing platforms.
- The Senior Security Engineer/SME will support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, test, implementation, maintenance, integration, and documentation of SOC infrastructure and SOC tool suite.
- The Senior Security Engineer will be installing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network security solutions and related monitoring tools including L2/L3 network security devices, IDS/IPS, Full packet capture, DLP, Endpoint (AV, DLP, Endpoint Detection & Response), and infrastructure supporting SEIM (Splunk).
- Responsible for supporting LAN/WAN security solutions including creating and maintaining LAN/WAN security standards and design documentation
- Develop and assist with new LAN/WAN security applications and hardware as assigned.
- Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
- Strong written and oral communication with the ability to communicate with team members, management and customer.
- BS degree Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or related field and 7+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Red Hat Linux and AWS preferred.
- Knowledge and experience engineering the following technologies Firewalls, VPN Solutions, Web Application Firewalls, and Content Filtering.
- Advanced working knowledge of the following: encryption algorithms, secure communications, SIEM technologies, and embedded systems security. Network and data communication protocols. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field such as NIST, FISMA and Common Criteria regulations and standards. Network based IDS/IPS and full packet capture technologies along with affiliated modes of operation.
- In addition: Recent Network Security Architecture Development. Experience performing gap analysis, identifying new tools and/or required upgrades based on ROI.
- Certifications: CISSP or one of GCWN, GISF, GSSP, GICSP, CCSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCSNP, CCIE-Security, ECSP, MCSE-Security Expert.
- Must be a US citizen, no clearance required. All personnel supporting CBP must have a current background investigation (BI) or obtain a favorable BI before joining the program.
- Detailed knowledge of key cyber technologies such as RSA Security Analytics (Netwitness), Splunk, Sourcefire, DLP, EDR, AV, strong networking skills, Storage Area Network, and IPv6
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Redhat, Cisco or Microsoft, Security+, or Network+ certifications
- Cisco Hardware and Storage
- Expertise in Networking, Linux and Windows
XOR Security offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from the first day of employment, 401k with a vested company match, vacation and supplemental insurance benefits.
XOR Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). M/F/D/V.
Citizenship Clearance Requirement
Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements - US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs