VP, Infrastructure Services and Information Security Controls
2727 Allen Parkway, Houston, TX
Corebridge FinancialTake action today to build a bridge for tomorrow—from planning to outcomes, from meeting today’s financial needs to attaining your aspirations.
We need someone to live around or move to Los Angeles, NY/NJ, Houston, or Charlotte area.
Who we are
At Corebridge Financial, Action is Everything. We are a new company, but not a new business. Formerly AIG Life & Retirement, we are one of the largest and most established providers of retirement solutions and insurance products in the United States, with a long and proven track record of serving our clients. Everyday, we proudly partner with financial professionals and institutions to make it possible for more people to take action in their financial lives, for today and tomorrow.
About the role
What you need to know:
The TRC VP, SOX Infrastructure Services and Information Security Controls will be responsible for several critical initiatives, including the following:
- Act as the audit interface to manage scope, quality of responses, and interactions for all IT controls matters owned and operated by the Infrastructure Services and Information Security Office.
- Implement and oversee controls relating to the programs that are formally defined to address Internal Controls over Financial reporting (SOX), key transformation initiatives within the organization, and the SOC2 program for our VALIC Retirement Services Company.
- Work with Technology teams, specifically within the Infrastructure Services and Information Security business units, to ensure adequate preparation for upcoming audits and exams.
- This role is responsible for maintaining and managing the Process, Risk, and Controls (PRC) library.
- Ensure ownership and management of program controls and compliance mandates.
- Enhance key IT processes and controls environment to ensure that Corebridge is meeting all internal standards and external audit requirements.
- Manage and prioritize control issue remediation processes to ensure that the underlying risk to the organization is being managed. Ensure timely remediation of issues.
- Effectively perform deficiency evaluation, understanding mitigating controls to determine risk aggregation.
- Perform controls testing and monitoring on a regular basis. Manage control testing scope.
- Record and report the current state of SOX and SOC risk.
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of experience within technology risk, control and governance, Internal Audit or SOX disciplines with increasing responsibility and work complexity to include progressive management roles in large, complex organizations.
- Significant experience liaising and managing external audit firms through SOX/SOC programs.
- Experience managing a team of risk professionals.
- Industry certifications preferred.
- Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree.
Technology Risk & Controls Skills:
- Strong expertise in SOX and SOC programs, including 10+ years working on related projects/audits.
- Significant experience supporting information security controls, applications, and processes.
- Significant experience supporting infrastructure controls, applications, and processes.
- Masterful in IT Audit principles and control frameworks (COBIT, NIST).
- Ability to oversee multiple processes, action plans and key stakeholders simultaneously.
- Experience raising awareness of issues to key stakeholders across technology.
- Ability to facilitate and drive management support throughout the external audit life cycle.
- Experience designing, maintaining, and managing a controls library.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- Drives for results — shows urgency and takes initiative, doesn’t let problem situations linger, and ensures service excellence and efficiency objectives are met.
- Executes through the team — manages to high standards, empowers others, and holds them accountable while actively engaging and inspiring them at the same time.
- Manages competing priorities — agility to manage competing, changing and sometimes conflicting priorities to complete assignments on time.
- Utilizes strong negotiation and influencing skills to align interests across diverse constituencies, including internal and external partners.
- Proven track record of drawing conclusions, making decisions, and using data to solve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Experience leading complex, major change initiatives; demonstrated skills in change management.
- Ability to define solutions from ambiguous scenarios.
Maintain excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Active listener.
- Proven ability to influence, collaborate, and gain support for key initiatives.
- Strong ability to communicate via written and verbal communication in both formal and casual situations.
What our employees like most about working for Corebridge Financial
- We care about your professional development. Our career progression program will provide you with the opportunity to develop your skills, strengthen your productivity and be eligible to progressively advance to positions with an increased responsibility and increased compensation.
- Our “Giving Back” policy is at the core of our daily operations and guides our future progress. Don’t believe us? We put our money where our mouth is! Corebridge Financial, will give you up to 16 hours a year paid time off to volunteer in the community.
- Our people are at the forefront of creating value for customers and stakeholders and therefore we provide a generous benefits plan and competitive pay. Benefit package includes:
- Paid Time Off (Corebridge Financial recognizes the importance of work life balance). We offer 24 PTO days to start. YES, 24! 17 paid holidays per calendar year.
- A 401(k) Retirement Plan which will be HARD TO BEAT. Our 401K - $1 for $1 match up to 6% with immediate vesting, plus Corebridge Financial automatically contributes an additional 3% in to your 401K regardless of if you enroll or not.
For positions based in Los Angeles, California, the base salary range is $130.000 - $172,000. For positions based in New York, New York the base salary range is $115,000 - $170,000. In addition, the position is eligible for a bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable incentive plan. In addition, we’re proud to offer a range of competitive benefits, a summary of which can be viewed here:
#LI-SB1 #LI-SAFG #LI-Hybrid
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Corebridge Financial, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates are committed to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and its policies and procedures reflect this commitment. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories such as sexual orientation. At Corebridge Financial, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
To learn more please visit: www.corebridgefinancial.com
Corebridge Financial is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants and employees with physical or mental disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to complete any part of the application or hiring process, please send an email to TalentandInclusion@corebridgefinancial.com. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Functional Area:IT - Information TechnologyEstimated Travel Percentage (%): No TravelRelocation Provided: NoAmerican General Life Insurance Company
More jobs like this
Remote United States | … Remote United States | Remote Atlanta, GA Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 107K - 236K * USD 107K+ *
Chief Information Security OfficerApplication security CISA CISM CISSP Cloud Compliance +16
401(k) matching Career development Health care Medical leave Paid sabbatical +2
., ., United States ., ., United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 57K - 106K * USD 57K+ *
Director of Threat Intelligence - 100% US REMOTE ONLYCISM CISSP Computer Science Cyber Kill Chain GCIH Incident response +6
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs