Director, Security Engineering (West/Central)
US - Remote
VectraVectra AI's Threat Detection and Response Platform protects your business from cyberattacks by detecting attackers in real time and taking immediate action.
Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra AI Platform delivers integrated signal across public cloud, SaaS, identity, and data center networks in a single platform. Powered by patented Attack Signal Intelligence, it empowers security teams to rapidly prioritize, investigate and respond to the most advanced cyber-attacks. With 35 patents in AI-driven threat detection and the most vendor references in MITRE D3FEND, organizations worldwide rely on the Vectra AI to move at the speed and scale of hybrid attackers. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
Vectra AI delivers a new class of advanced threat defence that delivers real-time detection and analysis of active intrusions. Vectra technology picks up where perimeter security leaves off by providing deep, continuous analysis of both internal and Internet-facing network traffic to automatically detect all phases of a breach as attackers attempt to spy, spread, and steal within your network.
Vectra AI directly analyses network meta-data in real time using a patented combination of data science, machine learning, and behavioural analysis to detect attacker behaviours and user anomalies in the network. All detections are correlated and prioritized to show an attack in context. Meta-data extracted by the network of sensors and Cloud logs are sent to data-lakes in order to perform Detection, Incident Response and forensic reconstruction.
In your role as a Systems Engineer Director, you are the technical selling leader for the Security Engineering team. You will work closely with the large accounts, partners and commercial sales leaders along with your team, build relationships with your customers with the goal of helping them detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches.
We are looking for a leader to develop our pre-sales teams, provide pre-sales support as a product expert and connect with C-level execs of our existing customers and prospects. Your guidance, expertise, and mentorship of your team of SEs will keep customers ahead of the latest cyberthreats and staying on the leading edge of detections capabilities.
Additionally, you will provide feedback to the product management team on new feature requests and product improvements based on what you learn from your customer base.
- Lead technical resource through the sales process handing over to the professional services team or partners upon completion.
- Pre-sales support and technical account management for Vectra's Regional Sales Director.
- Providing RFP, RFI & Proof of Concept strategic guidance.
- Work internally with teams relaying feedback on how best to improve the product.
- Communicate cross functionally constantly to ensure all key stakeholders are in the loop about product functionality and product desires experienced in the field.
- Partner with the Product Management and R&D departments to develop features critical to Vectra's success.
- Maintain knowledge at a high technical level of the current security landscape.
- Recruit and hire new systems engineers into the territory, hiring the best talent in the industry.
- Support field systems engineer team in complex evaluations, problem-solving and challenging customer environments.
- Act as an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise making sure that customer satisfaction is at its highest.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business
- Present to customers as our expert in your area at all levels in the customer hierarchy from technician to CISO/CIO.
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to plan for.
- Travel as needed within region.
- Comfortable and thrive on pitching to enterprise C-level executives.
- 5+ years' Pre-Sales management experience.
- Large account management and escalation is required.
- Demonstrable experience of empowering the sales team.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Security and SaaS Security technology.
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of our roadmap and technology development efforts, knowledge of competitor offerings and products.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Startup DNA is a must: willing and able to do "whatever it takes" with motivation to find solutions rather than admire the challenge.
- Customer-first behaviour is a must.
- 3+ years experience in technical or pre-sales support as a Security Engineer (or Sales Engineer).
- Strong understanding of an attacker progression (Red Team or Pentest) or strong understanding of Incident Response (Blue Team) methodologies.
- Strong understanding of a security-focused product line with the ability to translate into security best practices.
As a plus we are very impressed with:
- An understanding of Security Processes and methodologies (CISSP/...).
- Good understanding of Cloud Security.
- Good knowledge in networking and ability to understand L3 to L7 OSI layers.
Vectra provides a comprehensive total rewards package that supports the financial, physical, mental and overall health of our employees and their families. Compensation includes competitive base pay, incentive plan eligibility, and participation in the employee equity plan (stock options). Specific benefits offered varies by location, but commonly include health care insurance, income protection / life insurance, access to retirement savings plans, behavioral & emotional wellness services, generous time away from work, and a comprehensive employee recognition program.
Vectra is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
More jobs like this
., ., United States ., ., United States Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 48K - 90K * USD 48K+ *
Insider Threat Director - 100% US REMOTE ONLYAnalytics Compliance Governance Incident response Monitoring Risk assessment +3
401(k) matching Career development Competitive pay Equity Flex hours +5
Home based - Americas, … Home based - Americas, EMEA Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 29K - 55K * USD 29K+ *
Security Operations Team ManagerAgile Cloud Computer Science Governance Incident response ISO 27001 +11
Career development Parental leave Salary bonus Team events Travel
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs