Technical Lead - Application Security
CENSUS is an internationally acclaimed Cybersecurity services provider. We support the needs of multiple industries, providing IT and OT security services to public and private organizations around the world, ranging from financial institutions and critical infrastructure to automotive and secure communications, including Fortune 500 companies. Powered by cutting-edge research, scientific analysis and in-depth engineering experience across various industries & technologies, CENSUS delivers unparalleled security consulting & assessment services for products (software, services, devices, and large-scale platforms), infrastructure, and organizations.
Learn more about CENSUS at census-labs.com.
About the Job / Key Responsibilities
CENSUS’ bespoke cybersecurity services are built upon a talented pool of Security Engineers, whose role extends beyond mere adherence to industry best practices. We expect our Technical Leads to hold the required expertise to take on & provide technical leadership on major projects involving emerging technologies, while managing and guiding a team of security engineers & consultants in the scope of a project’s technical activities. Across various engagement types, Technical Leads are responsible for researching, analyzing, and resolving demanding technical challenges, while ensuring that the tasks of the technical team run smoothly and effectively.
We are looking for talented & ambitious professionals to grow our Product Security Professional Services team and join our ongoing mission to deliver in-depth and top-tier cybersecurity services to our valued clients. As part of this role, you will use your knowledge and experience - in the Application Security domain - to steer our clients towards efficient strategies, architectures, implementations, and integrations, so they can satisfy their cybersecurity goals. You will work side-by-side with our clients’ development and security teams & partners, under long-term projects that involve:
- Creating, reviewing, and expanding security architectures and designs that align with the product’s security requirements.
- Assisting in the collection, technical translation, and fine-tuning of security requirements.
- Driving, supporting, and reviewing threat modelling, attack surface enumeration and attack tree creation activities across a range of application software domains (cloud, mobile, web, robotics, autonomous, and other special software).
- Researching, reviewing, comparing, and proposing technologies that can satisfy the client’s established requirements, and aligning with their strategies.
- Reviewing product security designs, documenting missing security controls, and driving analysis for security improvements.
- Planning, executing, and supervising end-to-end security posture assessments via source code auditing, functional testing, fuzz testing and other applicable methodologies.
- Verifying if output implementation is aligned with the products’ security architecture, requirements, and threat model.
- Documenting and presenting product security risks in both technical and business-oriented language.
- Managing a team of security engineers and consultants to successfully assess and research bleeding edge technologies and products.
- MSc or BSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of experience in application security related role. Experience can be an engineering / development position (e.g., consumer or enterprise), an assessment / consultancy role, an equivalent role in other engineering organizations, or a combination of them.
- Proven experience of 2+ years in a leading application security architecture role.
Key Skills & Preferred Qualifications
- In-depth exposure to security concepts, cryptography, and protocols across various Application types (cloud, web, mobile, IoT / Embedded, etc.).
- Extensive, and leading role experience with producing & reviewing application security architecture.
- Experience with Mobile (iOS & Android), Cloud (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.) and Web (Frontend & Backend) platforms.
- Experience in reading & comprehending source code, discerning business logic pitfalls, and identifying security flaws in at least one of the following groups of languages:
- Experience with application authentication, authorization, identity, and access management methods, such as OAuth, SSO, JWT, PKI / Certificates, Cloud IAM, and Password-less authentication.
- Experience with application security features and key management systems backed by secure hardware, such as Mobile Biometric authentication, Keystore / Keychain, TPM / vTPM, HSM and SE.
- Experience with applied cryptography and cryptographic protocols, such as E2E protection, authenticated encryption, mTLS, Key Exchange / Agreement, Asymmetric PAKE, OTR, Double Ratchet, Olm/Megolm and SFrame.
- Experience with debugging, instrumenting, and profiling applications & application runtimes / middleware.
- Familiarity with confidential computing, virtualization, enclaves, containers, and attestation technologies.
- Familiarity with application reverse engineering and fuzz testing methods.
- Experience of working with international teams located in other regions and time zones worldwide.
- Excellent leadership, ownership, problem solving skills, and willingness to learn/grow.
- Proficient in English and excellent communication skills.
- Traveling may be required
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Birmingham, United Kingdom Birmingham, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 112K * USD 60K+ *
Cyber Consultants / Check Team Lead PentestersClearance Linux Open Source Pentesting Security Clearance Vulnerabilities
Career development Flex hours Gear Health care Home office stipend +2
Remote - Ireland Remote - Ireland Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote Ireland, UK and CanadaNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Egham - Tamesis Egham - Tamesis Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst – Cloud and Network Security, Emerging Technologies and Trends (REMOTE - UK)Application security AWS Azure CCSP CEH CISSP +7
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs