Engineering Manager, Application Security
SonarSourceAccelerate Clean Code for developers and teams to enable clear, readable, understandable, maintainable, portable, reliable and secure code standards across your organization.
In this role, you can expect to
- Lead and manage a team of AppSec Researchers / Engineers, providing feedback, guidance, support, and mentorship to help individuals grow in autonomy and contribute to the squad's success.
- Foster a safe culture of feedback, continuous improvement, and collaboration, encouraging team members to share their ideas and concerns openly.
- Align feedback with other teams to ensure things operate smoothly between them.
- Develop and communicate a clear vision for the squad that aligns with the company strategy, and ensure that the team's work and focus align with this vision.
- Be responsible that the squad defines clear goals aligned with the team, department, and company.
- Be accountable that the squad tracks sprints and progress.
- Be accountable that processes and ceremonies align with company expectations to deliver the best product successfully.
- Ensure the right level of collaboration happens with the squad stakeholders (Product Managers, developer squads, Developer Advocates, management, etc.).Hire world-class AppSec Engineers for the team. Participate in constructing the hiring process for the team and ensure we can recruit enough to reach our goals.
- Be accountable for the onboarding of new team members.
- Model the behaviors and values that the company holds dear, including humility and servant leadership.
The technical skills you demonstrate
- Relevant experience in the AppSec domain, including knowing the most common types of vulnerabilities and how to locate vulnerabilities in the code.
- Having a developer mindset: experience with coding lifecycle, ability to produce secure code, to do code reviews, and jump into an unknown codebase, language, and framework.
- Good knowledge of at least one programming language along with its development environment to understand end-users context and expectations.
- Experience with Agile methodologies.
The leadership skills you demonstrate
- At least 3 years of experience in a leadership or management role, with a proven track record of delivering results and building high-performing teams.
- A growth mindset and a passion for helping individuals and teams reach their full potential.
- Strong decision-making skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and resources effectively.
- Capability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
The soft skills you demonstrate
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to start with the Why instead of the What or How. Ability to deliver effective feedback.
- Good listening skills.
- High level of self-direction and still accepting help and feedback from team members and peers.
- Ability for self-reflection and improvement.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs