Technical Project Manager - Embedded Systems Security
CENSUS is an internationally acclaimed Cybersecurity services provider. We support the needs of multiple industries, providing IT and OT security services to public and private organizations around the world, ranging from financial institutions and critical infrastructure to automotive and secure communications, including Fortune 500 companies. Powered by cutting-edge research, scientific analysis and in-depth engineering experience across various industries & technologies, CENSUS delivers unparalleled security consulting & assessment services for products (software, services, devices, and large-scale platforms), infrastructure, and organizations.
Learn more about CENSUS at census-labs.com.
About the Job / Key Responsibilities
CENSUS’ bespoke cybersecurity services are built upon a talented pool of Security Engineers, whose role extends beyond mere adherence to industry best practices. Our Technical Project Managers play a pivotal role in formulating and executing service delivery strategies that align with the rigorous quality standards set by CENSUS. Drawing from their robust technical background and leveraging their project & stakeholder management skills, TPMs serve as the primary facilitators empowering our clients to effectively maximize the potential of our security and advisory teams.
We are looking for talented & ambitious professionals to grow our Product Security Professional Services team and join our ongoing mission to deliver in-depth and top-tier cybersecurity services to our valued clients. As part of this role, you will use your technical background - in the Embedded Systems Security domain – along with your Project Management skills to enable a successful service delivery to our clients. You will work side-by-side with our clients’ development and security teams & partners, under engagements / projects that involve:
- Working with our clients to understand their requirements and scope, size, plan the corresponding technical activities to efficiently meet those (consulting, assessments, audits, evaluations, security architecture development, etc.).
- Receiving high-level task & product descriptions and decomposing them to smaller & well-defined technical activities, which are then assigned to the corresponding security engineering & consulting teams.
- Leading project’s technical team within the scope of the engagement.
- Documenting and presenting product security risks in both technical and business-oriented language.
- Conducting technical QA and presenting to both technical and business audiences, the technical team deliverables (findings, technical reports, observations, improvement recommendations, operational methodologies, etc.)
- Building and developing relationships with cross-client teams and partners.
- Owning & driving the continuous improvement of the technical quality of the project team deliverables.
- Ensuring client satisfaction and business growth by communicating lessons learned and key success factors to the business development team.
- MSc or BSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in embedded, general- or special-purpose computer system-level software or firmware security. Experience can be an engineering / development position (e.g., consumer or enterprise), an assessment / consultancy role, an equivalent role in other engineering organizations, or a combination of them.
- 2+ years of experience in technical project management in a role related to product or information security.
Key Skills & Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with Embedded Systems, Linux, or Real Time Operating systems security concepts.
- Experience with reviewing system security architecture & engaged technologies.
- Experience with ARM architectures & platforms.
- Experience with C, C++, Rust, or Assembly (ARM) programming languages in the context of system software (bootloaders, drivers, kernel, system services, etc.).
- Experience with secure boot, firmware & software integrity, OTA updates, and hardware-backed device attestation technologies.
- Experience with cryptographic primitives and cryptographic best practices in the context of system security (inline crypto engines, storage encryption, attestation, HW key rooting, derivation, wrapping/unwrapping, etc.).
- Familiarity with identifying and reporting security vulnerabilities on system software (memory corruption, side-channel attacks, business logic, etc.).
- Familiarity with product security assessments and S-SDLC processes.
- Experience with managing technical teams.
- Experience with translating complex technical concepts into relevant messages suitable for various audiences (engineering and different tiers of management).
- Experience with stakeholder management for security engineering deliverables.
- Experience working with international teams located in other regions and time zones worldwide.
- Excellent leadership, ownership, problem solving skills, and willingness to learn/grow.
- Proficient in English and excellent communication skills.
- Traveling may be required
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs