Data Engineer - Vulnerability Analytics
Adarma are looking for a contractor with experience creating or maintaining data processing systems to help us build and mature our data analytics approach to cyber vulnerability management, to improve our capability to process and understand security data from an ever-increasing set of source systems.
Vulnerability Analytics is an emerging field in Cyber Security which uses data analysis techniques to create an understanding of the execution and performance of security processes and controls to provide actionable insights into their improvement. This contract role will give our banking client insights into the security processes across the bank, including during system design and development as part of the SDLC, and from regular assessments of operational systems.
This role is available on an approx. 3 month contract basis in either London, Edinburgh, or UK-based remote.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and development of data analysis systems, created primarily using Python and running in containers on the GCP cloud platform
- Creating data analysis models for identifying vulnerabilities and measuring security risk
- As this role is a high risk role, the successful candidate may be required to go through additional vetting checks.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Engineering a cloud based data analysis solution, focused on measuring and improving the security posture of the Group
- Design and develop microservice workloads to acquire, transform, analyse and present security data.
In addition to the job spec the contractor will be required to:
- Produce microservices to analyse the data in Google Vulnerability Analytics
- Specific Google Cloud experience isn’t essential, but knowledge of Github, Cloud Run, Microservices, and containers would be useful
- Extensive Vulnerability Management experience is not necessary (but a general understanding of what vulnerabilities are would be good)
- Responsible for generating usable insights from the large amount of raw data – prioritising vulnerabilities for remediation, grouping vulnerabilities that can be resolved at the same time, finding assets with the greatest risk, etc.
Please note that due to the change to off payroll working / IR35 legislation which is due to be implemented in April 2021, the successful applicant would be expected to engage via an FCSA accredited umbrella company for the duration of this contract.
- Current experience engineering and maintaining data warehousing pipelines in Cloud environments
- Application workload / microservice development experience using Python and SQL for data ETL/ELT, pandas, etc.
- Experience using git and GitHub source control in a professional context
- Experience engineering and developing application workloads in Cloud Native environments
- Professional experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Design, implementation and use of Graph development libraries and storage solutions
- Use of Python data manipulation libraries standard statistical and data visualisation libraries
- Experience with GitOps deployment pattern
- Experience with Stream and ML pipelines and technologies
- Experience developing “12-Factor” apps
- Experience using collaboration platforms such as Atlassian Jira/Confluence
- Experience working using agile principles.
We are Adarma, one of the largest independent security services companies in the UK. As a business formed and run by veteran senior security leaders, we know security and how to deliver real value in the real world. This is why our clients are successful FTSE 350 organisations from all industry sectors.
See us as your true partner in security. We have the experience, proven track record and industry recognition, to provide best-of-breed services for all our clients. Our team are specialists in Threat Management including SOC design, build & operation. And we always tailor our cybersecurity services to your needs.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs