Snr eResearch Platforms Security Specialist
Auckland, New Zealand
University of AucklandThe University of Auckland is New Zealand’s world-ranked university.
Waipapa Taumata Rau | The University of Auckland
Ko te whare Pūtaiao/The Faculty of Science at the University of Auckland is the leading science faculty in New Zealand and one of the largest in Australasia. It undertakes world-class research across the physical, biological, and computational sciences. More than 8,000 students' study in our 10 schools and departments, learning from internationally renowned lecturers. As a School, we strive to provide a School that reflects the demographics of our student base and Aotearoa. Our staff and students can connect with our: Rainbow and Women in Science networks, Parenting support, our Waipapa Marae and our flagship Tuākana Māori and Pacific support programme.
Te Whiwhinga mahi | The opportunity
This is an opportunity based within the Centre for eResearch, to help securing our Linux and MS Windows based virtual machine fleet dedicated to research workloads.
You will work directly with researchers to secure their applications on virtual machines and monitor and act on reports from security scanning tools like Shadowserver and Tenable.io. Because each application is unique, you will work with and pick up a wide range of tools, frameworks, databases, libraries, and programming languages.
You will also work closely with operators of our OpenStack-based research cloud to improve our automation tooling that installs security scanning tools and acts on detected known vulnerabilities.
This is a fulltime (37.5 hours per week), 12 month fixed term contract
Remuneration: $104,000-$128,000 per annum dependent on experience
For more detailed information, please refer to the Position Description.
KEYWORDS: Operational Security, Devops, Automation, Linux, Software Development, APIs, Python, git
He kōrero mōu | About you
You are security-conscious, enjoy problem solving and working with researchers on their applications, are curiosity-driven and have a passion for software engineering. You have gained experience developing, deploying, and supporting full stack applications, RESTful APIs in a Linux environment, and you also know your way around MS Windows.
Working in an open collaborative (and cake friendly) environment, you will contribute to, and benefit from, our broad skill-base. You will be excited by the opportunity to work across multiple disciplines and likely in a variety of different capacities and will bring a demonstrated ability to communicate with these people to explain complex ideas in an understandable manner.
Experience working in a university research environment or supporting researchers would be an advantage.
Mō tō mātou rōpū | About the team
The Centre for eResearch is a cross-faculty research platform at the University of Auckland. Our mission is to develop new ways to apply computer and information technology to research disciplines, and then help researchers to use them. This mission applies to the entire range of research disciplines across the University, although the support we provide may vary by community.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we offer
The University of Auckland is New Zealand’s leading university and maintains significant computational, laboratory and analytic facilities. Auckland itself is frequently rated as one of the world’s most liveable cities.
The University is committed to providing an excellent working environment through:
- Flexible employment practices (including working from home, flexible hours)
- Up to 6.75% company superannuation scheme
- A competitive salary with five weeks’ annual leave
In addition, we also offer career development programmes, discounted car parking, a generous parental leave allowance, childcare, and a number of other discounts on internal and external services.
For more information, please visit Staff Benefits.
Me pēhea te tuku tono | How to apply
Applications must be submitted online, by the closing date of 4 December 2023 to be considered. Please include your cover letter and your CV highlighting how you can meet the skills and experiences detailed above.
Please reach out to Martin Feller via email@example.com for a confidential conversation. Please note we are happy to answer your questions but we do not accept applications by email.
The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students in a safe, inclusive, and equitable environment. For further information on services for Māori, Pacific, women, LGBTQIATakatāpuiMVPFAFF+, people with disabilities, parenting support, flexible work and other personal circumstances go to www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
The University is committed to providing a safe, inclusive, and equitable environment where everyone can thrive. For further information see Te Ara Tautika | the Equity Policy and visit www.equity.auckland.ac.nz
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs