Senior Principal Engineer Software (CDL-NetSec)
Palo Alto NetworksImplement Zero Trust, Secure your Network, Cloud workloads, Hybrid Workforce, Leverage Threat Intelligence & Security Consulting. Cybersecurity Services & Education for CISO’s, Head of Infrastructure, Network Security Engineers, Cloud...
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
Our vision is a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Our Approach to Work
We lead with flexibility and choice in all of our people programs. We have disrupted the traditional view that all employees have the same needs and wants. We offer personalization and offer our employees the opportunity to choose what works best for them as often as possible - from your wellbeing support to your growth and development, and beyond!
At Palo Alto Networks, we believe in the power of collaboration and value in-person interactions. This is why our employees generally work from the office three days per week, leaving two days for choice and flexibility to work where you feel most effective. This setup fosters casual conversations, problem-solving, and trusted relationships. While details may evolve, our goal is to create an environment where innovation thrives, with office-based teams coming together three days a week to collaborate and thrive, together!
We’re looking for a hands-on senior technical engineering leader that has experience in building and supporting large-scale distributed systems for our Data Platform and Site Reliability Engineering team in Bangalore.
CDL is built to benefit from public cloud scale and locations ready for elastic scale, eliminating the need for local compute and storage. CDL has strict privacy and security controls in place to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive or identifiable information. Its infrastructure is secured with industry-standard best practices for security and confidentiality, including rigorous technical and organizational security controls.
Senior Principal Engineers are
- Technologists who can architect solutions to complex problems
- Experts who deliver on critical business needs in their domains
- Role models and mentors who exemplify the best of Palo Alto Networks culture
- Leaders who can communicate cogently with hands-on engineers as well as executives
- Hands-on engineers that can code and build great products
In this role you will be responsible for multiple components of the Data Infrastructure to support our Firewall Data Lake product that processes petabytes of data and provides analytics for the industry’s only open and integrated AI-based continuous security platform. You will develop a software-driven, web-scale approach to deliver world-class operations for cloud-delivered enterprise SaaS products working in partnership with application and platform teams. You will also be responsible to support the availability, performance and scalability of multiple products and services.
Our technology stack spans across Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) and includes platforms and technologies such as Kubernetes, Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB, BigQuery, and applications on Java, Python and Golang.
- You will work in a fast-paced team to create and deliver new product and mission features to the network and security platform that many customers use on a daily basis
- Provide engineering and operational leadership for the Data Lake Platform in close partnership with teams in the US
- Driving the technical roadmap with hands-on participation in developing next-generation data processing systems optimized for AI-powered use cases
- Conceptualize, Architect and develop highly efficient multi-cloud data pipelines to process & store multi-tenant data at Petabyte scale to enable AI/ML Applications
- Keep the product updated with best-of-the-times technology in a fast-evolving environment
- Work with SRE and Technical Support teams to investigate and resolve critical customer defects - Be responsible for the uptime and availability of the product
- Implement comprehensive service monitoring to ensure uptime and performance, including synthetic, real user, system, application performance, dashboards etc.
- Overall 16+ years of experience with BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience or equivalent military experience required
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in building large enterprise applications with 3+ years experience in technical leadership roles building large-scale data pipelines
- Extensive experience in architecture design of large-scale data platforms, machine learning, analytics, and data-driven applications
- Must have extensive hands-on programming skills in Java
- Experience in Java/Python programming, expertise in Linux and shell scripting skills are a significant plus
- Experience with one or more cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, their services (DataFlow, BQ, Athena etc) and Kubernetes
- Proven engineering leadership skills with an ability to deliver under tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of databases SQL, NoSQL, Time series, GraphDB etc
- Experience running production operations 24x7 for heterogeneous applications in a cloud environment
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintaining metrics-based process improvement
Nice to Have
- Proven track record in solving difficult real world problems by applying Machine Learning techniques
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow, NLP, Large Language Models, Generative AI, Langchain, Transformer models or related areas is a big plus
- Experience with LLaMA is a big plus
- Understanding of ML Ops best practices, ability to design, test, measure algorithms/models and orchestrate - Experience working with Google Vertex AI platform will be a plus
Our engineering team is at the core of our products and connected directly to the mission of preventing cyberattacks. We are constantly innovating — challenging the way we, and the industry, think about cybersecurity. Our engineers don’t shy away from building products to solve problems no one has pursued before. We are on a mission to build the industry's best Security large language model.
We define the industry, instead of waiting for directions. We need individuals who feel comfortable in ambiguity, excited by the prospect of a challenge, and empowered by the unknown risks facing our everyday lives that are only enabled by a secure digital environment.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please note that we will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs