Senior/Cyber Security Engineer (Cyber Security Defense)
NTU Main Campus, Singapore
Nanyang Technological UniversityNanyang Technological University is one of the top universities in Singapore offering undergraduate and postgraduate education in engineering, business, science, humanities, arts, social sciences, education and medicine.
NTU’s Centre for IT Services manages the campus-wide IT Infrastructure and facilitate access to all Enterprise IT systems, as well as Learning systems and Digital Media.
Cyber Security which is part of Centre for IT Services is Responsible for the Cyber Security Governance, Risk, Compliance & Awareness, Architecture, Consultancy & Engineering, Security Monitoring, Incident Response, Threat Intelligence and Digital forensic investigation.
This role will be part of the Cyber Security Defense team. The role is expected to work with various teams throughout NTU to ensure feasible, compliant, and effective implementation in accordance to Cyber Security policies, standards, and procedures.
Design and implement security solutions to enable rapid detection and response to cybersecurity attacks.
Operational support for Security Incident event management (SIEM), Privileged Access management (PAM) and other Enterprise security solutions. (eg Endpoint detection and response, Data Loss protection suite etc) for NTU and Autonomous institutes.
Ensure standard operating procedures are reviewed up to date as well as operation metric reporting and performance requirements are met.
Collaborate with internal teams, schools, or departments for onboarding of Privileged accounts, data sources for the SIEM.
Review and continually enhance system performance and work with Computer Security Defense team in the development of new use cases to improve our Cyber threat detection capabilities.
Conduct root cause analysis during system outage and troubleshoot within limited time constraints to ensure end user/ projects operations.
Identify control gaps or weaknesses in current processes and recommend measures, tools or software application that will enhance the team capabilities and overall security posture of NTU.
Responsible for capacity planning and disaster recovery testing for Enterprise security solutions.
Participate in relevant audit activities.
Responsible to the continuous improvement and support implementation of Enterprise security solutions.
Participate in security projects or initiatives by the team.
Lead and drive related Cyber defense initiatives to improve NTU cyber security posture.
Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
CISSP, CISA, CISM, GIAC relevant IT security certification
At least 6-8 years of IT related working experience with at least 2-3 years in Security Engineering and Operations roles.
Prior experience working in Cyber Defense Operation or Security Operations Centre.
Understanding and working experience in Cyber Security Incident detection and response practices and/or processes. e.g., NIST Incident Handling Guidelines, Cyber Kill Chain, MITRE ATT&CK Framework etc.
Experience with Cyber Security solution such as Security Information & Event Management (SIEM), Endpoint Detection & Response, Threat Intelligence solutions, Privileged Access management or other enterprise security solutions.
Experience in implementing security audits, controls, and mitigating measures on enterprise security solutions.
Suitable Candidate with lesser relevant and demonstrable experience maybe considered for more junior appointment grade.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Audits CISA CISM CISSP Compliance Computer Science Cyber defense Cyber Kill Chain EDR GIAC Governance Incident response IT infrastructure MITRE ATT&CK Monitoring NIST SIEM Threat detection Threat intelligence
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs