Senior Network Security Engineer
NTT DATANTT DATA helps clients transform through consulting, industry solutions, business process services, IT modernization and managed services.
Want to be a part of our team?Dimension Data is a proud member of the NTT Group, a global IT powerhouse headquartered in Japan. As part of NTT, we deliver a wide range of IT services and solutions to clients around the world. Although the Dimension Data brand was retired in some parts of the world in 2019, it remains well recognized in the Middle East and Africa. Join us and become part of the NTT family as we continue to provide innovative solutions that help our clients achieve their business objectives.
Working at NTT
The Application Security Engineer is responsible for managing tickets of high complexity, conducts advanced and complicated tasks, and provides resolution to a diverse range of complex problems. This position uses considerable judgement and independent analysis within defined policies and practices. Applies analytical thinking and deep technical expertise in achieving client outcomes, while coaching and mentoring junior team members across functions.
Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or networked and/or wireless systems. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering.
May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
In a less sophisticated environment, as with many applications products where the user is nontechnical, this position would generally interact with product support personnel and potentially the customer when the customer’s problem cannot be resolved directly by first-level resources.
They will develop, coordinate and executes policies, methods and procedures, and supervises personnel; when assigned as an expert, performs work requiring a very high level of technical knowledge of a specific area or ability to integrate at a high level the knowledge of several areas, manages and provides technical leadership of projects involving large-scale, complex and highly analytical tasks. Positions at this level are distinguished from Senior Engineers, in that the latter performs more specific and small-scale, though complex, analytical tasks.
Work is performed within a broad framework of general policy and requires creativity and resourcefulness to accomplish goals and objectives, and in applying concepts, plans and strategies which may deviate from traditional methods and practices. Serves as a lead technical contact and systems integrator for large complex deployments, with a focus on securing vulnerabilities and reducing risk of system and/or asset compromises.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that assigned infrastructure at the client site is configured, installed, tested and operational.
- Perform necessary checks, apply monitoring tools and respond to alerts.
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when it occurs and log all such incidents in a timely manner with the required level of detail.
- Assist in analyzing, assigning and escalating support calls.
- Investigate third line support calls assigned and identify the root cause of incidents and problems.
- Report and escalate issues to 3rd party vendors if necessary.
- Provide onsite technical support to clients and provide field engineering services to clients.
- Expected to take ownership of relevant technologies according to domain or specialization.
- Conduct monthly random review of incidents and service requests, analyze, and recommend improvement in quality.
- Provide continuous feedback to clients and affected parties and update all systems and/or portals as prescribed by NTT.
- Proactively identify opportunities for work optimization including opportunities for automation
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to communicate and work across different cultures and social groups.
- Ability to plans activities and projects well in advance and considers possible changing circumstances.
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook at work.
- Ability to work well in a pressurized environment.
- Ability to work hard and put in longer hours when it is necessary.
- Ability to apply active listening techniques such as paraphrasing the message to confirm understanding, probing for further relevant information, and refraining from interrupting.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Ability to place client at the forefront of all interactions, understanding their requirements and creating a positive client experience throughout the total client journey.
- Strong documentation and report writing.
- Ability to use reporting to trend and provide insight to risks.
- Ability to work collaboratively as one team across different business areas.
- Solid understanding of networking and networks
- Good understanding and appreciation of technical design and business principles
- Demonstrates project management and administration ability.
- Good project skills which are demonstrated in the execution of installations and other assignments.
- Demonstrate customer engagement skills.
- Demonstrate relevant domain specialist knowledge.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Client focused and displayed a proactive approach to solving problems.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to coach, mentor and provide guidance to team members.
- Good understanding of project management principles.
- Be proficient in the implementation, configuration of the products in the security GTM.
- Advanced diploma, degree, or relevant qualification in IT/Computing (or demonstrated equivalent work experience).
- Certified in the following technologies.
- Security +.
- Higher certifications in the flowing key vendors.
- Fortinet (NSE 5 – 7).
- Networking certifications.
- Up to date and relevant ITIL certification.
- Industry certifications (CISM, CISSP etc.).
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert - Routing and Switching (CCIE).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional - Wireless (CCNP).
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert - Security (CCIE-S).
- Palo Alto technologies (PCNSA).
- Fortinet technology certifications.
- Cisco (CCNP).
- Palo Alto (PCNSE).
- Oversee the implementation of complex IT security plans.
- Provide test automation and technical support for a network or a virtual private network.
- Perform firewalls and other network tools.
- Provide system documentation and diagrams as well as maintenance documentation.
- Implement change management procedures that accommodate system architecture changes.
- Identify and document undocumented areas of a network to develop a network diagram.
- Evaluate current IT resources and technology resources develops and maintains security policy by identifying and evaluating threats to the organization's information assets.
- Ensures that the systems and networks of the organization are secure and operational.
- Uses threat modeling techniques and threat intelligence to develop and maintain a network-based risk assessment tool.
- Analyzes and detects risks and vulnerabilities associated with new technologies, processes, and applications.
- Identifies and investigates risk and vulnerability issues and develops and implements solutions to resolve them.
- Assists in developing and maintaining standards and procedures.
- Performs security audit and penetration testing activities to evaluate security safeguards and identify ways to improve security posture.
- Provides network security, network penetration testing, and traffic analysis services to large commercial organizations.
- Conducts comprehensive investigations and audits, performs all necessary forensics procedures, and responds to client requests for information.
- Reviews client network policies, policies, and security documents, and recommends changes or alterations.
- Experience with deploying network systems.
- Experience with security principles and principles of design.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Partake and abide by CAB processes when involved in changes.
- A well-working acquaintance in the Linux environment.
- Linux Shell Scripting.
- Security administration port security on switches and IP security on Routers via Access list.
- Preparing monthly work status reports and updating technology-specific documents.
- Responsible for designing and implementation of customers' network infrastructure.
- Cisco device management specific technical skills.
- Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting of Networking Equipment's: Routers and Switches.
- Managing, Maintaining, and Configuring an Internetwork with the help of WAN technologies like PPP, Frame-relay, dedicated T1s, ISDN.
- Knowledge of Layer-2 Switching, Vlan’s, and Access-list.
- Routing Protocols: OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, RIP, and RIPv2.
- Advanced knowledge of Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS), Voice over IP (VoIP), Firewall PIX, Cisco Call Manager, and routing protocol BGP.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, TFTP).
- IP addressing and subnetting, Routing concepts.
- Sound knowledge of routing protocols - RIP V1/V2, OSPF, IGRP and EIGRP
- Switch Configuration and VLAN setup on Cisco 1900, 2950, 2960 switches.
- Implemented SNMP on devices to allow for network management.
- Implemented traffic filters using Standard and Extended access lists, Distribute-Lists, and Route Maps.
- Implementation of HSRP, DHCP, DNS, FTP, TFTP, MRTG.
- Perform Troubleshooting end-to-end between two sites.
- Working knowledge of enterprise level network design and implementation.
- Required Experience:
- Solid years of work experience.
- Solid experience required in in Engineering function within a medium to large ICT organization.
- Solid experience of Managed Services.
- Excellent working knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Excellent experience working with vendors and/or 3rd parties.
What will make you a good fit for the role?
Standard career level descriptor for job level:
• Have wide-ranging experience
• Uses professional concepts and company objectives to solve complex issues in creative ways
• Networks with others outside own area of expertise
• Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results
• May coordinate others’ activities
• Typically requires significant related experience with a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- Forti Skills and Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer
NTT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer with a global culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to providing an environment free of unfair discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, veteran status, or other protected category
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Application security Audits Automation CCNP CISM CISSP DNS Firewalls Forensics ITIL Linux Monitoring Network security Pentesting Risk assessment Scripting SMTP TCP/IP Threat intelligence Vulnerabilities
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Herndon, Virginia, USA Herndon, Virginia, USA Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 136K - 247K USD 136K+
Sr. Security Engineer, AWS., AWS Security Corporate Architecture & DesignAWS Computer Science Network security Pentesting SecOps Threat intelligence
Career development Conferences Equity Startup environment
RVA99: RTN Remote, Virginia RVA99: RTN Remote, Virginia Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 161K USD 75K+
Nanyang Technological University
Cyber Security Data Integration Engineer/DeveloperAnsible Automation Bash CCNP Clearance Cloud +23
401(k) matching Career development Flex hours Flex vacation Health care +3
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs