Senior Product Security Engineer
The Senior Product Security Engineer will be responsible for helping engineering improve the security of the Tanium's codebase via ongoing assessments and education throughout the entire software development lifecycle. The Senior Product Security Engineer may also take ownership of special projects such as security enhancements to the Tanium codebase or creation of internal tooling that aim at improving the overall security posture of Tanium software. In addition, the Senior Product Security Engineer will perform research on industry trends and developments, and share such perspectives in appropriate forums.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Platform, Product, and Cloud Engineering teams to educate them on threats and vulnerabilities applicable to Tanium’s software.
- Perform security assessments of Tanium’s software.
- Assess the design of new products and major updates to existing products, and provide recommendations to improve security.
- Develop tools that make it easier to ship secure code and harder to ship insecure code.
- Develop and share research in the area of product security and vulnerability management.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years relevant work experience preferred
- Expertise with common security testing methodologies.
- Strong understanding of web and native application security.
- Expertise in manual and automated pen testing.
- Experience with using Burp Suite or similar tools.
- Experience with Cloud Platform (AWS or Oracle preferred).
- Experience with fuzz testing.
- Experience with the process of developing, building, and shipping secure code.
- Expertise in determining the severity of a vulnerability and their impact to the business.
Tanium offers an endpoint management and security platform built for the world’s most demanding IT environments. Many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated organizations — including nearly half of the Fortune 100, top retailers and financial institutions, and multiple branches of the U.S. Armed Forces — rely on Tanium to make confident decisions, operate efficiently, and remain resilient against disruption. Tanium has been named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list of “Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing” for five consecutive years and ranks 4th on FORTUNE’s list of the “Best Workplaces in Technology 2020.”
On a mission. Together.
At Tanium, we are stewards of a culture that emphasizes the importance of collaboration, respect, and diversity. In our pursuit of revolutionizing the way some of the largest enterprises and governments in the world solve their most difficult IT challenges, we are strengthened by our unique perspectives and by our collective actions.
We are an organization with stakeholders around the world and it’s imperative that the diversity of our customers and communities is reflected internally in our team members. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow because we know that only together can we do great things.
Taking care of our team members
Each of our team members has 5 days set aside as volunteer time off (VTO) to contribute to the communities they live in and give back to the causes they care about most.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs