Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO)
Woburn, Massachusetts, United States
STR has an available position for a Senior Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) to act as a regional team lead and manage multiple programs executed out of our Woburn, MA office. As the CPSO, you will work closely with security management and program personnel to ensure compliance with U.S. Government directives, regulations and requirements as well as corporate/business unit directives and customer directed requirements; manage all aspects of the of the security program. Ensuring National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM) and DoDM 5205.07 Volumes 1-4 compliance within the facility and assigned program staff on all aspects of special program security.
- As regional team lead, you will work with other CPSO regional leads to ensure consistency across the company and provide local guidance and mentorship to CPSOs managing their programs.
- Provides security guidance to company personnel, advises and supports the Program Managers, the Security Manager and Senior Management.
- Ensures adherence to applicable laws as well as national, DoD, and other SAP security policies and requirements such as DoD Special Access Program (SAP) Security Manuals: DoDM 5205.07 Volumes 1 – 4
- When required, ensures that contract-specific SAP security requirements such as
- Prepares and updates SOPs for PSO approval
- Provides detailed instructions and procedures in accordance with the program’s SCG, TEMPEST and Operations Security (OPSEC) are accomplished SOPs, and applicable marking guides
- Oversees an information management system for the SAP to facilitate the control of
- Ensures adherence to special communications requirements, capabilities, and procedures
- Ensures that all self-inspections are conducted
- Oversees transmission of SAP material
- Develops a transportation plan and forwards to PSO for approval requisite information within the SAP within the SAPF, including briefings, debriefings, and foreign travel briefings
- US citizen
- Active Top-Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience with the ability to write and manage complex communication scenarios
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents using various office tools such as: MS Office, JPAS, JADE, SIMS TALON, and NISS.
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of the U.S. Government security standards.
- Working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD Special Access Program Security Manuals and other related security manuals
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations. Interprets policy, develops and implements security plans and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience of managing classified programs. Knowledge of contractor operations, computer, physical, technical and personnel security requirements.
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We're not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
STR is an equal opportunity employer. We are fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name, phone number and email address.
Pursuant to applicable federal law and regulations, positions at STR require employees to obtain national security clearances and satisfy the requirements for compliance with export control and other applicable laws
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Computer Forensic Software Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Incident Response Manager Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs