Technical Specialist - Enterprise Network Security
FIL Bengaluru Office
Fidelity InternationalFidelity International offers investment solutions and retirement expertise to institutions, individuals and their advisers around the world.
About the OpportunityJob Type: PermanentApplication Deadline: 31 December 2023
Title: Technical Specialist – ENS
Department: Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS)
Location: Gurgaon / Noida
Reports To: Associate Director - ENS
We’re proud to have been helping our clients build better financial futures for over 50 years. How have we achieved this? By working together - and supporting each other - all over the world. So, join our team and feel like you’re part of something bigger.
The Technology function within the Technology, Finance and Investment Admin department provides IT services to the Fidelity International business, globally. These include the development and support of business applications that underpin our revenue, operational, compliance, finance, legal, marketing and customer service functions. The broader organisation incorporates Infrastructure services that the company relies on to operate on a day to day basis including data centre, networks, proximity services, security, voice, incident management and remediation.
The Enterprise Network Services team are responsible for innovative network and firewall design solutions, supporting operations and delivering these services to the FIL business units. The ENS team have global responsibilities, delivering a regional support service through a virtual model, with staff located in our UK, European, India and Asia offices.
Purpose of the Role
A Technical Specialist within Network and Firewall Operations will be expected to have an excellent knowledge of Firewalls, Security appliances, DNS (dynamic), Load Balancing, Proxy Services, IPS technologies from ‘best of breed’ vendors. This knowledge should be underpinned with a fundamental network (Cisco) understanding. This highly technical and customer facing position will involve Operational support, Network and Firewall Governance and project delivery from concept, scoping, design through to implementation. The ability to work as a member of a diverse geographical based team is essential.
Part of ENS team, delivering a regional support function – identifying and driving tasks and initiatives to maintain stability deliver operational improvement. Incorporating service management, risk management, systems management (including monitoring) lifecycle management and reporting. Responsible for supporting all areas of the Fidelity business - including the Web (critical). The ability to work well with incident managers and interact with service delivery managers and project managers is fundamental; also need to be able to work under pressure in a busy and reactive environment.
- Conduct yourself as a seasoned technical professional.
- ENS stakeholder, delivering regional ‘Oneteam’ support services.
- Design and Deliver innovative solutions against the ENS portfolio.
- Participate in and adhere to ENS engineering standards.
- Responsible for resolving High Severity Incidents, providing technical support as required.
- Monitor and manage ENS infrastructure and services, achieving OLAs and KPIs.
- Work with suppliers and vendors to ensure all services meet expectation and SLA.
- Provide Operational experience, helping further develop and elevate the ENS team.
- Contribute to strategic direction of technologies (roadmaps) from a technical and theoretical perspective.
- Ensure delivered solutions transition into ‘supportable services’ via the ready for service framework.
- Mentor and cross train ENS staff as required
Your skills and experience:
- Degree holder in Computer Engineering, Telecommunications, or related disciplines.
- Be considered as a network security expert, with deep subject matter expertise in a number of technologies and a broad understanding across network security and non-network technology.
- Strong hands on experience of managing Network, Firewall and security products including but not limited:
- Palo Alto Firewalls including Panarama (VPN/IPS/Wildfire)
- ZScaler Cloud Proxies
- F5 server load balancing and security technology (GTM/LTM/ASM/AFM)
- Excellent understanding of network security architecture, design and support.
- Excellent business scenes for a technical support environment.
- Good analytical skill and able to solve complicated problem logically
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills, project management skills and vendor management skills
- Must be flexible in approach to work content and responsibilities.
- Able to work under pressure within a busy environment and effectively multi-tasking
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Experience working in a ‘DevOps’ role and familiar with SDN, NFV, Cloud and Cloud Management Platforms, and demonstrable experience in integrating technologies through code and the use of APIs.
- Professional qualifications (against relevant technologies).
- Project Management (Agile) qualifications and experience.
- Experience of managing Aruba wireless and ClearPass Policy Manager.
- Knowledge of supporting “ECN Connectivity” e.g. Radianz, Tradeweb, Bloomberg Trading etc.
- Knowledge of monitoring and analysis tools ( SolarWinds, Wireshark, etc).
- Knowledge of DNS & DHCP (IPAM).
- Experience of UNIX / Linux and scripting (Python/Ansible/Perl/Shell)
- Concepts on data centre design
- Ability to work with Audit (Internal & external) functions and certification organisations.
- Leadership skills – Including ability to drive change – people, process and perception!
- Enthusiastic about technology, innovative in approach
- Ability to thrive in a technology driven, rapidly changing and expanding environment
- A desire to do things the right way, whilst remaining focused on team and business objectives
Requirements of Role:
- This role expects a level of out of hours and weekend working
- This role expects on-call participation (allowance provided)
- This role does require occasional working from other Fidelity offices. ENS also have significant operations in UK, APAC and Central Europe so a willingness to travel is advantageous.
For starters, we’ll offer you a comprehensive benefits package. We’ll value your wellbeing and support your development. And we’ll be as flexible as we can about where and when you work – finding a balance that works for all of us. It’s all part of our commitment to making you feel motivated by the work you do and happy to be part of our team. For more about our work, our approach to dynamic working and how you could build your future here, visit careers.fidelityinternational.com.
For more about our work, our approach to dynamic working and how you could build your future here, visit careers.fidelityinternational.com.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs