Cyber Security Engineer
Ashburn, VA, United States
VisaDas digitale und mobile Zahlungsnetzwerk von Visa steht an der Spitze der neuen Zahlungstechnologien für die neue Zahlung, elektronische und kontaktlose Zahlung, die die Welt des Geldes bilden
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This high impact, high visibility position is part of Payment Systems Intelligence (PSI) - a key component of Global Risk's Payment Fraud Disruption (PFD) initiative.
PFD's team of technology experts are vital to Visa's efforts to identify, investigate, disrupt, and prevent attacks targeting the global payment ecosystem. This Fraud Analyst role will guide the execution of key Payment Systems Intelligence capabilities, including and eCommerce Threat Disruption (eTD) as part of PFD services for Visa clients.
Responsibilities include executing these capabilities' strategies, engaging client/s globally, and successfully executing against the client engagement plan. In addition, as a part of the PSI team, the Fraud Analyst will help in the development of a new client-facing product to identify compromised partners.
The primary focus for this role is the execution of eCommerce Threat Disruption (eTD) capabilities. These capabilities are sought-after differentiators in Visa's Risk offering:
The main objective of the eCommerce Threat Disruption (eTD) service is to narrow the gap between detection and remediation of eCommerce compromises. Key functionality for this position includes reducing digital skimming events targeting the eCommerce space (primarily merchants) for a specific Visa client, the ability to support early identification of eCommerce merchant compromises for a Visa client, rapid response, triage and analysis of technical malware targeting the eCommerce space.
This role requires a recognized expert with a capacity to solve unique and complex problems that have a broad impact on the business, coordinate closely with client executives, and the ability to present technical, transaction-level findings to clients and executive leadership.
The responsibilities will be a combination of expertise in malware analysis and project management.
- Responsible for managing small projects or processes and providing guidance to external and internal stakeholders
- Work with Technical development teams to provide requirements and acceptance criteria to meet development deadlines and project milestones.
- Work independently, under limited supervision, on problems that are undefined and significantly complex.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on various fraud issues and develop new functionality for the product.
- Execute eCommerce Threat Disruption on behalf of a Visa client, ensuring daily monitoring and scanning of the client's eCommerce merchants.
- Identification of malicious digital infrastructure (command and control domains / IP addresses) associated with malware compromising eCommerce merchants
- Triage and analysis of forensic investigation reports, identification of technical correlations between the reports, and ability to develop digital infrastructure maps (domains, IPs, malware variants) of overlapping cybercrime operations.
- Monthly reporting to the Visa client on identified compromises and remediation recommendations
- Serve as team subject matter expert in all areas involving payment fraud analysis
- Identify emerging cybercrime and fraud techniques in a fast-paced, highly technical environment
- Create and provide top-notch presentations to client audiences on cybercrime and fraud threats impacting the payments ecosystem
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Product management experience.
- Malware analysis background.
- Seasoned and recognized fraud / malware and risk security expert, with 5+ years of industry experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to conduct complex analytical functions by performing fraud assessments and analyzing criminal methods
- Understanding of Jira and ticketing process
- Ability to handle multiple projects with different teams
- Moderate understanding of networks, risk management, network security, digital forensics, and security operations
- Scripting experience is a plus
- Cybersecurity knowledge and experience
- Willingness to research and develop innovative techniques to safeguard against new cyber attacks
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize information and make clear, concise recommendations on course of action
- Capable of leading multiple high-complexity, high priority initiatives concurrently
- Concepts, terms, processes, policy, and implementation of information security
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 88,200.00 to 112,500.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs