VP, EMEA Security Engineering
VectraVectra AI's Threat Detection and Response Platform protects your business from cyberattacks by detecting attackers in real time and taking immediate action.
Vectra® is the leader in AI-driven threat detection and response for hybrid and multi-cloud enterprises.
The Vectra AI Platform delivers integrated signal across public cloud, SaaS, identity, and data center networks in a single platform. Powered by patented Attack Signal Intelligence, it empowers security teams to rapidly prioritize, investigate and respond to the most advanced cyber-attacks. With 35 patents in AI-driven threat detection and the most vendor references in MITRE D3FEND, organizations worldwide rely on the Vectra AI to move at the speed and scale of hybrid attackers. For more information, visit www.vectra.ai.
In your role as a VP Security Engineering, you are the pre-sales leader for the EMEA Security Engineering team. As a member of the EMEA management team, you will work closely with the regional sales leaders, large accounts and top tier partners along with your team leaders and teams. You build trusted relationships between Vectra and our customers with the goal of helping them leverage Vectra’s solutions to detect and prevent advanced cyberattacks and breaches.
We are looking for a leader to inspire, organize and develop our pre-sales teams, provide pre-sales support as a domain and product expert and connect with C-level execs of our existing customers and prospects. Your guidance, expertise, and mentorship of your team of SEs will keep customers ahead of the latest cyberthreats and staying on the leading edge of detections capabilities.
Additionally, you will collaborate with the product management and engineering teams on new feature requests and product improvements based on the field insight and input.
This role could be based anywhere across EMEA.
- Lead technical resource through the sales process handing over to the customer success, continuous service and professional services team or partners upon completion.
- Pre-sales support and technical account management for Vectra's Regional Sales leadership.
- Providing RFP, RFI & Proof of Concept strategic guidance.
- Work internally with teams and EMEA management team relaying feedback on how best to improve the product and driving field process optimization and organization.
- Communicate cross functionally constantly to ensure all key stakeholders are in the loop about product functionality and product desires experienced in the field.
- Partner with the Product Management and R&D departments to develop features critical to Vectra's success.
- Maintain knowledge at a high technical level of the current security landscape.
- Develop and recruit new systems engineers and SE managers into the theatre, retaining and hiring the best talent in the industry.
- Support in developing and implementing programs to enable the technical partner community in EMEA.
- Support field systems engineer team in complex evaluations, problem-solving and challenging customer environments.
- Act as an escalation point for pre-sales and post-sales technical issues that arise making sure that customer satisfaction is at its highest.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers to solidify reference accounts and to assist the account teams with defining plans to drive more business
- Present to customers, partners and in industry forums as our expert in your area at all levels in the customer hierarchy from technician to CISO/CIO.
- Lead conversations about industry trends and emerging changes to the security landscape that every customer needs to plan for.
- Travel as needed.
- Comfortable and thrive on pitching to enterprise C-level executives.
- 5+ years' Pre-Sales management experience.
- Large account management and escalation is required.
- Demonstrable experience of empowering the sales team.
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Security and SaaS Security technology.
- Industry knowledge of security product market trends and directional awareness of our roadmap and technology development efforts, knowledge of competitor offerings and products.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Startup DNA is a must: willing and able to do "go the extra mile" with motivation to find solutions rather than call out problems.
- Fit with the Vectra values: Customer-first, No-drama team work, Integrity.
- 3+ years experience in technical or pre-sales support as a Security Engineer (or Sales Engineer).
- Strong understanding of an attacker progression (Red Team or Pentest) or strong understanding of Incident Response (Blue Team) methodologies.
- Understanding all and mastery of some of the Security Operations technology stack
- Deep understanding of the security operations and CERT functions at customers and MSSPs
- Strong understanding of a security-focused product line with the ability to translate into security best practices.
As a plus we are very impressed with:
- An understanding of Security Processes and methodologies (CISSP/...).
- Good understanding of Cloud Security.
- Good knowledge in networking and ability to understand L3 to L7 OSI layers.
Vectra provides a comprehensive total rewards package that supports the financial, physical, mental and overall health of our employees and their families. Compensation includes competitive base pay, incentive plan eligibility, and participation in the employee equity plan (stock options). Specific benefits offered varies by location, but commonly include health care insurance, income protection / life insurance, access to retirement savings plans, behavioral & emotional wellness services, generous time away from work, and a comprehensive employee recognition program.
Vectra is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs