Staff Cloud Security Engineer
United States, San Diego, CA
PlayStation GlobalErkunde die neue Generation von PlayStation 4- und PS5-Konsolen – erlebe immersives Gaming mit Tausenden Spiele-Hits aus allen Genres, die die Regeln für das, was eine PlayStation-Konsole kann, neu schreiben.
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Cloud Security Engineer
San Diego, CA
We are looking for an inspirational and hardworking person to join the Platform Hosting Cloud Security Engineering team at SIE! You'll be joining a team of innovative engineers who are unified in their mission to make PlayStation the best and most secure gaming platform. This support is fulfilled by minimizing impact to the platform while ensuring security needs are met. This role is highly technical and requires a shown grasp of security principles and how they are applied to production environments. You will assist in the planning, design, development, testing, and management of security tools and processes that provide protection and visibility of our cloud environments.
- Design, architect, and implement security controls and frameworks for PlayStation Network's Cloud Infrastructure
- Be responsible for the detection of security gaps, and lead efforts to mature security tooling and operational processes
- Work closely with product and platform teams to define system requirements, engineer, and implement cloud based security applications and controls
- Write code to automate security processes which seamlessly integrate into code builds and deployments, applying DevSecOps processes and tools
- Architect, develop, and deploy automation solutions that help audit, secure, and affect changes across multi-cloud environments
- Champion tools for improving platform availability using automated protection mechanisms
- Research and recommend new technologies and collaborates on solutions
- Mentor senior and junior engineers and guide them in making better design choices that protect Platform
- Be a champion for security and privacy
- Proven track record in security engineering or architect role, with a strong background in multi-cloud platforms such as AWS and GCP
- Deep knowledge of security frameworks and compliance standards
- Proficient in multiple programming and scripting languages such as Python and Go
- Experience architecting and deploying IaC tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Comprehensive experience working with CICD, DevOps or similar experience (e.g., GitHub, Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes)
- Shown experience building end-to-end enterprise level systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as social skills including the ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences coupled with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven record of success in coaching and growing people
- Technical certifications or other demonstrations of passion in security and technology such as CISSP, CCSP are a plus!
Please refer to our Candidate Privacy Notice for more information about how we process your personal information, and your data protection rights.
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs