Engineering Intern, CloudSecure UI - Summer 2024
IllumioSecure Your Business with a trusted cyber security, zero trust segmentation & network security company Illumio. Get services from cybersecurity specialists to protect against cyberattacks.
This role requires you to be on-site at Illumio Headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA 3x a week. This is a 12-week summer internship that will take place during the summer of 2024.
Engineering Intern, CloudSecure UI
About the Team:
Our Engineering team has established a culture based on thought leadership, independence, and responsibility. This powerful dynamic drives us forward as we work to make the digital world a safer place.
Those who join us represent the leader in Zero Trust Segmentation and work on a technology stack that ranges from operating systems to distributed applications to UI and visualization. Together, we will continue to build world-class products—driven by people with different perspectives, backgrounds, and a commitment to innovation in a time when the world faces its greatest cybersecurity threats in history.
Illumio is looking for rising seniors with top technical talent who are passionate about learning new technologies and building compelling software. You are interested in the modern UI development, the latest front-end technologies, a keen eye for aesthetics, as well as a desire to deeply understand our products and services to push our technology forward with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, and scalability.
During your internship at Illumio, you will:
- Be a part of designing and building critical UI features that continue to evolve our Zero Trust Security products.
- Be empowered to take ownership of your own summer project where you provide technical solutions for real world problems. You will get to own the design, implementation, and quality of your work.
- Be an active participant of an existing engineering scrum team. Here you’ll learn the ropes of Agile development and have daily interactions with your peers.
- At the end of the summer, you’ll present your project to your peers and the engineering/product organizations thus leaving your mark on our company for years to come.
Must be pursuing a Software Engineering degree with an expected graduation no later than June 2025
Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
Familiarity with the UI frameworks like ReactJS
Experience with Data Visualization, familiar with d3.js, SVG, Canvas, etc.
Interest in learning about the design and testing of REST APIs
Experience with Git, subversion, or similar content versioning system
Familiarity of cloud technologies (AWS/Azure/GCP)
Interest in cyber security
Illumio, the pioneer and market leader of Zero Trust segmentation, prevents breaches from becoming cyber disasters. Illumio protects critical applications and valuable digital assets with proven segmentation technology purpose-built for the Zero Trust security model. Illumio ransomware mitigation and segmentation solutions see risk, isolate attacks, and secure data across cloud-native apps, hybrid and multi-clouds, data centers, and endpoints, enabling the world’s leading organizations to strengthen their cyber resiliency and reduce risk.
Illumio believes that an environment of unique backgrounds, experiences, viewpoints, and individual contributions drives our success and makes us stronger together. We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a diverse culture and emphasizing inclusion and belonging.
$35 - $45 per hour
The pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, location, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, or applicable laws.
At Illumio we offer a wide range of benefits to our eligible team members. Our benefit programs vary by location and can include Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage – Health and Dependent Savings Accounts – Life and Disability Programs – Paid Parental Leave – Voluntary Benefit Programs – Company Sponsored Wellness Program – Wellness Reimbursement Program - Retirement Savings – Equity Opportunities – Paid time off and Paid Holidays – Employee Incentive Program. #LI-HYBRID
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs