Consultant - Janes Strategic Services
Arlington, Virginia, United States
JanesJanes | The trusted source for defence intelligence - Unrivalled defence and security analysis - Military platforms - Threat intelligence - Industry awareness and advisory services
Janes enables militaries, governments, and defence companies to make critical decisions. Our expert-driven tradecraft, developed over 120 years, combined with human-machine teaming, delivers assured open-source intelligence across military capabilities and order of battle, equipment, events, countries, companies, and markets.
Linking millions of assured data points, Janes data model creates a framework of interconnected open source defence intelligence. This allows our customers to integrate all relevant data and connections into a single intelligence environment to deliver a more complete and accurate answer. Using Janes, our customers can use their scarce resource more effectively, to get to better decisions with higher confidence, more quickly.
Janes Strategic Services team is seeking a Consultant to develop and support projects for defense industry and government customers globally.
Janes senior consultants specialize in providing guidance and advisory support in two fundamental business areas: market strategy and procurement program optimization.
Broadly, these services are designed to help A&D industry firms and government agencies diversify their portfolio and adjust to dynamic budgets in the booming international defense markets.
Our focused assessments of market opportunities support entry or expansion across emerging export markets or adjacent commercial and security markets. Janes services can help create economies of scale and find opportunities to internationalize a defense program. Our support is capability / platform / system / technology agnostic; we have experts to support nearly any type of capability or geographic market assessment.
Our team’s approach leverages skills and expertise from across the Janes organization. Janes senior consultants are experts at combining internal expertise, the knowledge and experience from a network of external experts, and rigorous open-source collection and analysis methodologies to help our defense, security, intelligence and commercial customers anticipate and respond to strategic challenges and make critical decisions.
How you will contribute at Janes
- Business development, including direct and indirect sales in all areas of our business unit, specifically, market and opportunity assessments, strategy support, capture support, requirements, and technology roadmaps.
- Supporting custom engagements through all phases of scoping and execution, including developing and maintaining relationships with existing customers and prospects.
- Discussing and framing research requirements and authoring project proposals.
- Coordinating and participating in data collection and analysis efforts. Lead on project execution, from conception and management to delivery.
- Delivering final reports and briefings to our customers (often in person).
- Work as a team with our strategic account managers, sales representatives, analysts, and other senior-level project and line managers to ensure client needs are met and the highest quality deliverables are provided.
- The candidate will have revenue targets against performance in these areas.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have prior experience in a consulting environment AND/OR in defense industry-focused analyses.
- Ability to support multiple consulting engagements focused on market and opportunity assessments, strategy support, capture support, requirements and technology roadmaps, geopolitical and threat assessment, and various types of skill-building expertise such as competitive intelligence and defense offsets.
- Have ability or experience working directly with A&D industry customers and/or government agencies, providing client-ready deliverables, supporting, and participating in business development activities, and managing small project delivery teams.
- Having a personal interest in defence trends, technology, equipment, and wider geopolitical issues would be highly advantageous, as well as any on-hand experience in these fields.
- Price-to-win and/or cost-benefit analysis experience will be a plus.
- Foreign language skills are not required but are of keen interest.
- International and domestic travel will be required based on project and business requirements. The candidate should expect to travel at least 25% of the time on average.
We believe Janes is truly a great place to work. Our values and leadership code drive everything we do, and we understand that the right behaviours and culture will always result in the best outcomes for our customers, our colleagues, our shareholders, and our business. We provide a supportive, stretching, and dynamic environment with the ability for you to grow rapidly, both personally and professionally.
Janes is an inclusive and equal opportunities employer and encourages applications regardless of age, race, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, or gender.
Although this role is advertised as full-time, Janes believes that flexibility at work can provide many significant benefits both to our colleagues and the business. We already work in a hybrid style across all offices and regions and can support different ways of working and offer different flexible working arrangements. So, if you are interested and have any requirements or needs in the way you would like to work, please apply, and speak to us about this.
We will always consider part-time or flexible applications.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Arlington, Virginia, United States Arlington, Virginia, United States Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 130K - 160K USD 130K+
First Information Technology Services
Cyber Strategy ConsultantCISA Clearance Cloud Cyber defense Risk analysis Risk management +2
Career development Equity Health care Parental leave
USA, VA, McLean (8283 … USA, VA, McLean (8283 Greensboro Dr, Hamilton) Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 52K - 119K USD 52K+
Booz Allen Hamilton
Open Source Research and Strategy Consultant, MidAnalytics Clearance Open Source Polygraph Risk assessment Strategy +3
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs