DevSecOps Technical Lead
Ardent MCOur digital transformation, data science and location intelligence solutions are proven to deliver client mission outcomes.
Why do you need to choose between doing important work and having a fulfilling life? At Ardent, we have both. Ardent employees are committed to solving our customers’ most difficult problems—and we are committed to the well-being, personal goals, and professional development of our employee. We are “All In.” We put forth our strongest effort possible to get the mission accomplished and we do it together. We respect the skills and experience you bring to the Ardent team. And we provide a rewarding environment to help you succeed.
We offer highly competitive benefits, professional development opportunities, and an exceptional culture that embraces flexibility, innovation, collaboration, and career growth. A collective service mindset underpins our work, and a shared camaraderie to serve clients, colleagues and our communities set us apart. Our full commitment to being "All In" for our employees and our clients is not just our approach, it is our standard. If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, choose Ardent and make a difference with us.
Ardent is seeking a DevSecOps Technical Lead to join our team. The role of a DevSecOps Tech Lead in a Government Contracting company involves a combination of development, security, and operations responsibilities to ensure the delivery of secure and efficient software solutions.
This is a Remote position.
Ardent is seeking a DevSecOps Technical Lead. The DevSecOps Engineer will design, deploy, operate, and maintain secure Cloud products and services within a Cloud-based environment to enable development teams to deliver features in the most efficient way possible. Leverage an automated process to mitigate security vulnerabilities in the environment by working with the team to triage security vulnerabilities and planning mitigation activities, including but not limited to OS patching. Coordinate with a team of Cloud and DevOps engineers to help tenants realize value through product offerings and operations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The DevOps Engineer requires minimum of 7 years of programming experience. Includes 3+ years of experience in working within software engineer team who leveraged DevOps with development o Includes 3+ years of experience in at least two of the following fields in information security, computer or information science or related fields
- Experience using a wide variety of open source and COTS technologies and tools
- Experience in providing Analysis of Alternatives for tools and capabilities from various on premise, Cloud-based, and hybrid resources
- Experience in managing a Platform-as-a-Service environment (i.e., create blueprints, provision, maintain, upgrade and track inventory)
- Solid understanding of and experience implementing and integrating CI/CD Tools from the ground up, such as Atlassian (JIRA and Confluence), Github, Jenkins, Ansible, Artifactory, Docker, Kubernetes, Selenium, SonarQube, Gatling, JMeter, JUnit, AMP, aChecker, Jaws, Netsparker, OWASP ZAP, Tenable Nessus, Splunk, Prometheus, CloudWatch, New Relic, Grafana. Includes experience with Docker containerized application deployment and monitoring, cluster management
- Strong background working in an agile development environment, collaborating with Application Development and Architecture Teams
- Experience with service-oriented architecture, web services, Application Programming Interfaces
- Experience working in a High Availability environment with 99.99%+ uptime
- Strong background in Amazon Web Service (AWS), Azure and Google cloud, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB Apache, NGINX, PHP
- Comfortable writing deployment scripts in languages such as Python, Shell, AWS Cloud Formation, Groovy, and Golang
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with automated, frequent, incremental code testing and deployment as part of a set of mature DevOps practices
- Strong grasp of automation tools (e.g., Cloudwatch, Lamdba, GitOps, Cloud Formation, Terraform, etc.,)
- A strong focus on achieving value for business objectives
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Strong analytical, communication, and decision-making skills. Proficiency in a variety of computer programs and applications including VMWare, Windows, Linux, Oracle and Solaris.
- Provide technical design, development, and implementation of large projects and/or major software products and systems.
- Assist in defining architecture requirements and implementation for the design and development of data warehousing and ETL solutions.
- Develop strategic roadmaps that align software development efforts to mission outcomes.
- Lead an integrated team of subject matter experts and IT specialists.
- Serve as primary technical resource to the development and customer teams.
- Act as team leader in prioritizing group tasks, determining individual assignments, and reviewing work of junior developers.
- Provide technical guidance to developers following industry best practices.
- Interact with customers regarding strategies, requirements, problem solving, and support.
- Work with minimal supervision/guidance.
- BA/BS in related fields (Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Business Management preferred).
- Must have experience with Angular UI, Regression Testing (Selenium or Golem), AWS West, Terraform, GIT repository, Jenkins, TomCat (for application server)
- Expert knowledge of the underlying concepts of Branching, Merging, and Archiving software throughout the development lifecycle
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant professional experience
- Proven experience managing system changes without interruption to the user
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration tools such as source control (GIT preferred), build (Maven), and automation (Jenkins)
- Understanding of the Agile SDLC and how DevOps play a role in it
- Good communication skills
- Seven (7) or more years performing an IT leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams in an Agile Scrum environment, creating user stories, and executing sprint cycles and retrospectives.
- Demonstrated experience with one of the following: Tableau Enterprise Server, PowerBI, ArcGIS Online
- Demonstrated experience with Informatica PowerCenter or comparable platforms.
- Demonstrated experience designing and building database or data warehouse solutions using Oracle.
- Experience using Python or Jupyter Notebooks
- Strong English oral and written communication skills
Nice to have (plus):
- Experience with Atlassian Jira or comparable Agile tracking platform
- IAC (Infrastructure As Code)
Due to the nature of the work we support, all candidates in consideration for this role must be U.S. Citizens willing to undergo the government issued background investigation process.
Ardent is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Agile Ansible Automation AWS Azure CI/CD Cloud Computer Science DevOps DevSecOps Docker GCP GitHub Golang Grafana Jira Kubernetes Linux MongoDB Monitoring MySQL Nessus Nginx Open Source Oracle OWASP PHP PostgreSQL Prometheus Python Scrum SDLC Solaris SonarQube Splunk Terraform Tomcat VMware Vulnerabilities Windows
More jobs like this
Remote - Ireland Remote - Ireland Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote Ireland, UK and CanadaNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs