Incident Response Security Engineer, Customer Service Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT)
Seattle, WA, USA
Amazon.comFree shipping on millions of items. Get the best of Shopping and Entertainment with Prime. Enjoy low prices and great deals on the largest selection of everyday essentials and other products, including fashion, home, beauty, electronics, Alexa...
Customer Service Security is the first line of defense protecting Amazon’s customers and from technical & malicious adversaries, seeking to steal their data and/or cause them harm. We are looking for a Security Engineer who is ready to take on a front-line role in addressing security issues facing the largest Customer Service operation in the world, where customer obsession equals protection. Security issues at this scale and speed require a passion for problem solving, tools and mechanisms to inspire and motivate others across the organization, and execution of new processes to maintain longevity to our solutions.
We drive incidents to the highest standards, to maintain and enhance internal and external customer trust. In this position you’ll work alongside world-class talent in solving complex problems with far-reaching impact using data analysis, incident response, and investigating security issues and new threat scenarios.. A successful candidate will have a good mix of technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in Security Operations and Response activities.
Key job responsibilities
• Respond to Incidents in a timely manner, providing leadership & guidance to all security analysts .
• Conduct deep-dive investigations into threat and fraud abuse reports and detections
• Influence service teams across Amazon to develop systems and processes with security best practices.
• Attend internal and external training regarding security engineering and response.
• Find opportunities to improve from large-scale security incident investigations.
• Participate in or lead post-mortem analyses.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Dallas, TX, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 2-3+ years of work in related technical security roles (such as threat hunting, threat intelligence, security data analysis, security operations, incident response, etc.)
- 2-3+ years of experience with cloud technologies (AWS preferred, Azure, Google Cloud, etc)
- Related Information Security Certifications
- 2-3+ years of experience with security analysis on cloud services, especially server-less and authentication services.
- 2-3+ years of experience using data analysis tools and technologies, such as SQL, Jupyter, R, Python
- 2-3+ years of experience with active attacks / live scenarios / applied computer security
- Must be able to create and contribute to intelligence reports, briefings, roadmaps, and strategic planning documents
Preferred Qualifications- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, computer science, or related engineering disciplines
- GIAC Certified (GSEC, GCIH)
- Experience with AWS products and services
- Why Amazon Security
- At Amazon, security is central to maintaining customer trust and delivering delightful customer experiences. Our organization is responsible for creating and maintaining a high bar for security across all of Amazon’s products and services. We offer talented security professionals the chance to accelerate their careers with opportunities to build experience in a wide variety of areas including cloud, devices, retail, entertainment, healthcare, operations, and physical stores.
- Work/Life Balance
- We value work-life harmony. Achieving success at work should never come at the expense of sacrifices at home, which is why flexible work hours and arrangements are part of our culture. When we feel supported in the workplace and at home, there’s nothing we can’t achieve.
- Inclusive Team Culture
- In Amazon Security, it’s in our nature to learn and be curious. Ongoing DEI events and learning experiences inspire us to continue learning and to embrace our uniqueness. Addressing the toughest security challenges requires that we seek out and celebrate a diversity of ideas, perspectives, and voices.
- Training and Career growth
- We’re continuously raising our performance bar as we strive to become Earth’s Best Employer. That’s why you’ll find endless knowledge-sharing, training, and other career-advancing resources here to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $111,600/year in our lowest geographic market up to $212,800/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
More jobs like this
USA - Saint Charles, … USA - Saint Charles, MO Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 73K - 154K USD 73K+
Systems Engineer Support Analyst - Direct Attack Weapons (Associate, Experienced, or Lead)C Clearance Compliance Jira PhD Privacy +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance +5
Saint Louis, Missouri, United … Saint Louis, Missouri, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 140K * USD 75K+ *
Director, Cyber Architecture and EngineeringCloud Privacy Risk assessment Risk management Strategy Teaching
Career development Health care Team events Transparency
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs