Information Security Analyst Industrial Placement (Nottingham)
Nottingham, United Kingdom
ExperianExperian is committed to helping you protect, understand, and improve your credit. Start with your free Experian credit report and FICO® score.
Discover the Unexpected
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data in order to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 21k amazing employees in 40+ countries believe the possibilities for you, and the world, are growing. We’re investing in the future, through new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow. To do this we employ the brightest minds that share our purpose and want to make a difference.
If you’re looking for a challenging, rewarding placement opportunity with global coverage – do not miss your chance! This is an exciting, 13-month Industrial Placement within Experian’s Global Security Office.
As an Information Security Analyst Placement Student, you will complete rotations across two different teams. Starting in the Security Partners team, you will be providing support to internal Business Units with significant project changes. You will then rotate into the Third Party Security team where you will be supporting risk-based assessments to ensure that parties on-boarded to Experian have effective control environments.
This placement will provide you with valuable insights into real-world security challenges faced by institutions and the strategies employed to mitigate risks. You will be collaborating with seasoned security professionals in safeguarding our company's digital assets, ensuring compliance with industry regulations, and contributing to the overall cyber security posture.
It’s an opportunity to work within a busy department, where fresh ideas and innovation are not only highly regarded but a necessity.
You can expect to:
- Work with Project Managers to complete project security assessments (PSA) to ensure new or significantly changed systems, networks and or applications have required security controls in place.
- Work with Business Relationship Owners to ensure relevant assessments and questionnaires are completed, highlight any gaps for remediation, and support discussions with SMEs to provide evidence and effectiveness of controls.
- Work with SMEs within the business to capture non-compliance, ensuring justification, and mitigating controls are appropriately captured.
- Adhere to departmental Key Performance Indicators, leveraging departmental reporting metrics.
- Escalate risk issues and details to your Regional Information Security Officers (RISOs) as they appear.
We’re looking for someone with an analytical and inquisitive mindset, as you’ll need to be comfortable working with lots of data. You’ll also be working with a variety of stakeholders, meaning good communication skills and a desire to work within a team environment is also key.
If you choose to join us, you’ll receive industry training, wide-reaching career opportunities and a wealth of support through our Early Careers network, buddy, line manager & mentor scheme.
Our concept is simple. We believe in expanding horizons – it’s what makes Experian a global leader and a Top UK Tech Employer.
To apply for this opportunity, you must be currently studying on an undergraduate degree, and able to undertake a year in industry placement starting in July 2024 and ending in August 2025.
Due to the technical nature of this role, you will need to be studying a STEM related degree or be analytically minded, as it’s important that you are confident working with and understanding data.
You will need to be comfortable using Excel and Microsoft Office Suite. Any previous experience of using software such as PowerBI is desirable but not essential.
It’s important you have a reliable nature and have an attention to detail to deliver accurate information. As you’ll be working with critical documentation you must be comfortable with numbers and written material.
We look for students who aren’t afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo and in return will provide you with the support to launch your career.
Whilst we have adopted a hybrid way of working, this role is based in Nottingham and requires the successful applicant to work in the office at least two days per week. Please only apply if this location would be suitable for you.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 7th January 2024. We aim to respond to all applications no later than the week after the closing date.
Placement Dates: July 2024 - August 2025
Annual Salary: £23,000
For this role we aim to hold online Assessment Centres W/C 5th February 2024 (*Subject to change)
Our uniqueness is that we truly celebrate yours.
Experian's culture and people are key differentiators. We take our people agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; DEI, work/life balance, development, authenticity, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on. We’re an award winning organisation due to our strong people first approach.
Innovation is a critical part of Experian's DNA and practices, and our diverse workforce drives our success. Everyone can succeed at Experian and bring their whole self to work, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, colour, sexuality, physical ability or age. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at the earliest opportunity.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
London, United Kingdom London, United Kingdom Full TimeEntry Entry-levelUSD 85K - 122K * USD 85K+ *
Associate Security AnalystComputer Science Incident response Log analysis Monitoring Security analysis SIEM +2
Career development Flex hours Health care Home office stipend Startup environment +3
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs