Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO)
Washington, DC, United States
AETOS LLC is a Minority Owned CVE Certified Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing information technology solutions focused on building a business that is customer-centered and performance-oriented. At Aetos, we specialize in developing IT solutions to optimize functionality and efficiencies for government and commercial clients to meet their business needs.
Aetos LLC is looking for a qualified ISSO to join our team at the Department of Justice in Washington D.C. Candidate must be a US citizen and eligible to receive a TS/SCI clearance. The candidate will work as part of the IT Security Support Team which manages and operates an information systems security program for a U.S. government customer. The successful candidate will:
- Provide technical support in the areas of vulnerability assessment, risk assessment, network security, product evaluation, security implementation, and remediation.
- Provide technical assistance in the designing and implementation of solutions for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of sensitive information.
- Provide technical support and analysis in the identification, evaluation, investigation, and remediation of cyber and insider threats.
- Provide technical evaluations of Civil Division systems and assist with making security improvements.
- Participate in design of information system contingency plans that maintain appropriate levels of protection and meet time requirements for minimizing operations impact to the Civil Division.
- Performs assessment of present levels of cyber security, offer recommendations on levels of risk, training personnel in proper cyber security protocols.
- Conduct security product evaluations, and recommend products, technologies and upgrades to improve the Civil Division systems security posture.
- Conduct testing and audit log reviews to evaluate the effectiveness of current security measures.
- Participate in the management of accreditation of the Civil Division systems evaluating and certifying the implementation FISMA, the NIST security guidelines, and the Department’s plans, policies and guidelines.
- Will be required to work onsite.
- B.S. in Information Technology or a closely related field
- 7+ years of progressive, technical (hands-on) experience in Information Assurance C&A.
- Experience working as an ISSO supporting federal government information systems.
- Experience with ISO, NIST and US Government standards and cybersecurity frameworks (e.g. FISMA, FIPS, HSPD), system administration.
- IT security management, engineering, and analysis experience.
- ISSO candidates must have at least one of the following security certifications Active:
- CISSP: Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- ISSEP: Information Systems Security Engineer Professional
- This is an onsite position.
- Candidate must be authorized to work in US and must be able to pass a security background check.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
USA, MD, Annapolis Junction … USA, MD, Annapolis Junction (304 Sentinel Dr) … Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 93K - 212K USD 93K+
Booz Allen Hamilton
5G Vulnerability Analyst, LeadBash C Clearance Computer Science DNS IT infrastructure +13
401(k) matching Career development Equity Flex hours Flex vacation +4
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Specialist jobs
- Open Firewalls-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs