Software-Reverse Engineer, Mid
USA, MD, Annapolis Junction (304 Sentinel Dr) - Non Client Site
Work as part of a diversely located project focused on strategic investments and client delivery. Apply the expertise required to develop hardware emulation of firmware, software code, and network technologies to enable testing and vulnerability analysis. Apply your knowledge of software program code disassembly and reverse engineering to enable emulations to be fully utilized in a digital simulation environment or hardware-in-the-loop testing. Apply your working knowledge of the cyber-kill chain and offensive techniques to identify and describe potential cybersecurity issues. Provide technical analysis of weapon and non-weapon systems, including analyzing printed circuit boards, hardware devices such as microprocessors, digital signal processors (DSP), and field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs) design, extraction of firmware, analysis of software and firmware to understand the capabilities and performance of the system based on software analysis.
Work with us as we develop systems to create change for the better.
Join us. The world can’t wait.
- 4+ years of experience with software and firmware code assembly, disassembly, reverse engineering, software de-buggers, and diagnostic tools, including IDA Pro, Ghidra, OllyDbg, or Metasploit
- 1+ years of experience with the assembly language for architectures, including x86, x64, or RISC, ARM, and microcontrollers
- Experience with Python, C++, or object-oriented programming languages
- Experience in the utilization of emulators (QEMU) for system or firmware emulation
- Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in EE, Computer Engineering, or CS
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with distributed systems architecture and computer networking
- Experience in programming associated with Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs)
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing (DSP) design or modeling and analysis of Software Defined Radios (SDRs)
- Knowledge of military systems and computer network technologies, designs, and programs
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- TS/SCI clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
Create Your Career:
Grow With Us
Your growth matters to us—that’s why we offer a variety of ways for you to develop your career. With professional and leadership development opportunities like upskilling programs, tuition reimbursement, mentoring, and firm-sponsored networking, you can chart a unique and fulfilling career path on your own terms.
A Place Where You Belong
Diverse perspectives cultivate collective ingenuity. Booz Allen’s culture of respect, equity, and opportunity means that, here, you are free to bring your whole self to work. With an array of business resource groups and other opportunities for connection, you’ll develop your community in no time.
Support Your Well-Being
Our comprehensive benefits package includes wellness programs with HSA contributions, paid holidays, paid parental leave, a generous 401(k) match, and more. With these benefits, plus the option for flexible schedules and remote and hybrid locations, we’ll support you as you pursue a balanced, fulfilling life—at work and at home.
Your Candidate Journey
At Booz Allen, we know our people are what propel us forward, and we value relationships most of all. Here, we’ve compiled a list of resources so you’ll know what to expect as we forge a connection with you during your journey as a candidate with us.
At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choices, and support your total well-being. Our offerings include health, life, disability, financial, and retirement benefits, as well as paid leave, professional development, tuition assistance, work-life programs, and dependent care. Our recognition awards program acknowledges employees for exceptional performance and superior demonstration of our values. Full-time and part-time employees working at least 20 hours a week on a regular basis are eligible to participate in Booz Allen’s benefit programs. Individuals that do not meet the threshold are only eligible for select offerings, not inclusive of health benefits. We encourage you to learn more about our total benefits by visiting the Resource page on our Careers site and reviewing Our Employee Benefits page.Salary at Booz Allen is determined by various factors, including but not limited to location, the individual’s particular combination of education, knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience, as well as contract-specific affordability and organizational requirements. The projected compensation range for this position is $58,300.00 to $133,000.00 (annualized USD). The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position and is just one component of Booz Allen’s total compensation package for employees.
Our people-first culture prioritizes the benefits of flexibility and collaboration, whether that happens in person or remotely.
- If this position is listed as remote or hybrid, you’ll periodically work from a Booz Allen or client site facility.
- If this position is listed as onsite, you’ll work with colleagues and clients in person, as needed for the specific role.
We’re an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer that empowers our people to fearlessly drive change – no matter their race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, military or uniformed service member status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, local, or international law.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs