Sr. Staff Software Engineer - Security and Privacy
San Mateo, CA United States
VerkadaImagine all your building and security products on a single cloud-managed platform, accessible from anywhere in the world. Free 30-day trial. Simple, secure and scalable.
Who We Are
- Develop security and privacy infrastructure, including services that seamlessly incorporate security into our infrastructure, applications, and devices.
- Architect systems designed to effectively manage escalating data volumes as Verkada expands, all without compromising performance or security.
- Mentor and foster the development of junior engineers.
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to enhance Verkada’s product security, thereby exceeding customer expectations.
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to define, communicate, and implement goals, priorities, and processes.
- Collaborate with the CISO and security team to expand Verkada's wider security and privacy programs.
- Share your security expertise internally and externally via security conferences, presentations, blogs, and open-source contributions.
- You'll work on projects such as end-to-end encryption and data encryption (both at rest and in use), all aimed at safeguarding customer data.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience as a software engineer or security engineer that writes code
- Demonstrable coding skills and desire to write code every day
- Strong experience with AWS, GCP, or other cloud service provider
- Experience and enthusiasm for learning about new security & privacy products, features, and strategies
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Culture and Values:
- Ownership: Smaller teams help encourage autonomy and create a more pronounced sense of ownership.
- Persistence and Grit: We learn from our mistakes and triumphs, we iterate and pivot when things aren’t working, and we persist no matter how difficult it might be, with our vision at the forefront of all we do.
- Teamwork: We are all laser-focused on the priorities in front of us, and collaborating with and relying upon our peers for input, feedback, and even motivation ultimately enables us to more effectively achieve our goals.
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. This estimate is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs