Solution Architect - Cyber Risk Intervention
Corsham, England, United Kingdom
Our client, a large government customer, are seeking a Solution Architect – Cyber Risk Intervention to join their team. The role is based in Corsham with 2-3 days required onsite. The role requires SC clearance and candidates must be sole UK nationals.
Requirements are scheduled to run until 31/03/2025 and offer a rate up to £725/day.
IR35 STATUS: Inside IR35. Our client has indicated that they intend to operate the engagement as Inside IR35. Candidates would be required to operate through an umbrella company on this engagement. The rates above represent rate payable to the umbrella co.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 24/11/2023 at 10:15
Overview of Role
There is a consultancy position available for a Cyber Solutions Architect to assist in the analysis of and response to Cyber Vulnerabilities. The team supply technical resource to numerous cyber risk interventions. The interventions are requested by the business and must be delivered at pace. They vary in size and complexity and could include the provision of hardware, resources, or services.
You will be required to engage with a wide range of stakeholders including senior staff, technical experts and representatives from across the business functions, such as Commercial. Therefore, you must be capable of confident, clear, and effective communication at all levels and with stakeholders with differing technical and programmatic backgrounds.
Your role will be to engage with stakeholders to help analyse and visualise complex security problems, identify suitable solutions and then support their delivery. This role is pivotal to the reduction of cyber risk in a high-tempo and highly agile environment. You will need excellent analytical skills as evidenced by your career to date, as this will assist in the translation of challenging technical issues for stakeholders who may not be technical experts.
You will be required to liaise with other business functions in the development of business cases and supporting the procurement processes, therefore a foundation of financial and commercial awareness is beneficial.
- Clarify requirements with stakeholders.
- Support the identification of valid intervention ideas.
- Assess solution options, cognisant of metrics used for prioritisation and non-technical constraints, such as procurement strategies.
- Support the development of the specific procurement strategy for each intervention and define the preferred solution architecture.
- Support the technical aspects of the artefacts needed for procurement, such as Statements of Requirements, competition question sets, and Commitment Cases.
- Support engagement with suppliers as needed. This could include supporting stakeholder management and comms activity to elicit intervention ideas and promote project successes.
- Develop the technical aspects of more complex and involved interventions, for example by developing trial strategies and plans, and lead their delivery.
Essential Skills and Experience
The project responds to stakeholder needs from across the enterprise. Therefore, a breadth of knowledge is favoured over specialised, highly technical knowledge, however, the following are essential.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills: capable of listening and questioning effectively to elicit requirements and brief information, both verbally and in writing, to a wide range of stakeholders across a range of technical and programmatic disciplines.
- Strong consultancy skills: able to assimilate information, build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders to identify solutions, using influence to recommend actions and ensure coherence with broader architectures/systems.
- Knowledge of and experience of complex procurements within the constraints of procurement processes.
- Capable of working under minimal guidance or supervision.
- An appreciation of security and IT tooling.
- An appreciation of Networking, Software Applications, Storage, Cloud.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of and experience of options analysis from a technical perspective.
- Knowledge of and experience of end-to-end delivery of security.
- Knowledge of and experience of security designs, architecture patterns and principles.
- Knowledge of and experience of complex systems integration.
- A broad knowledge of Security Operations.
- Practical experience of Microsoft Security Portfolio.
- Commercial & Industry knowledge.
- Ability to identify and quantify Cyber Security Risk.
- Experience of planning and delivery of Alpha and Beta trials.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas cannot be accepted.
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Career development
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs