OCIO-0031 Cybersecurity Posture Monitoring Officer (NS) - TUE 28 Nov
Brussels, Brussels, Belgium
Requirement: Cybersecurity Posture Monitoring Officer
Location: Brussels, BE
Full time on-site: Yes
Total Scope of the request (hours): 1764
Required Start Date: 8 January 2024
End Contract Date: 31 December 2024
Required Security Clearance: NATO SECRET
Note: For all Level-of-Effort and Completion-Type requests processed outside of the IWC Value Stream, and for which the contractor will not be reimbursed directly by OCIO for travel expenses, additional travel funding shall be allocated on a Not-to-exceed basis when the yearly Option is exercised.
Annex A – Special Terms and Conditions
The contractor will be responsible for complying with the respective national requirements for working permits, visas, taxes, social security etc. whilst working on site at NATO HQ Brussels, Belgium.
No special status is either conferred or implied by the host organisation, NATO HQ Brussels, Belgium to the contractor whilst working on site.
The contractor will be responsible for complying with all the respective National Health COVID-19 regulations in Belgium before taking up the position.
The incumbent will perform continuous cybersecurity posture monitoring, conduct NATO Enterprise cybersecurity data analytics, and build Enterprise cybersecurity situational awareness in support to all associated Enterprise processes, including cyber incident management, risk management, and defensive cyberspace operations. The incumbent will be performing data and trend analysis over time to help generate statistics on relevant Enterprise cybersecurity measures, including key performance indicators. The incumbent will provide continuous and accurate monitoring of cybersecurity alerts, events and incidents, relevant technical information, and the results of security risk assessments, vulnerability assessments and security audits. The results of these monitoring and analytics activities will support informed discussions on the overall cybersecurity posture, including recommendations of additional or refined security measures, and will be presented in reports up to senior level and in dynamic dashboards. The incumbent will advise on the toolset required to maintain a timely and accurate oversight of the cybersecurity posture and will also manage the Enterprise cyber threat intelligence feeds, in coordination with the NATO Enterprise stakeholders.
The contracted individual must be able to perform effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision the following tasks:
- Provide continuous and accurate monitoring of cyber security alerts, events and incidents that will support the assessment of the Enterprise cybersecurity posture, based on existing technical data sources;
- Provide analysis and recommendations of the results of security risk assessments, vulnerability assessments and security audits, which will support informed discussions on the overall security posture;
- Conduct data and trend analysis of the most commonly identified cyber alerts and events relevant to the Enterprise cybersecurity posture;
- Generate statistics on relevant Enterprise cybersecurity measures, including key performance indicators;
- Develop, implement and maintain dynamic cybersecurity dashboards, correlating information from multiple sources;
- Provide cybersecurity recommendations and guidance originating from incidents happening in and through cyberspace and/or evidences coming from the threat analysis;
- Liaise with the NATO Communications and Information Agency (NCIA), and other relevant Enterprise stakeholders, to monitor and coordinate technical activities in relation to cybersecurity alerts, events and incidents;
- Liaise with the NATO Cyber Threat Assessment Branch (CTAB) to monitor and asses cyber threats.
5. LOCATION OF DUTY
The work will be executed primarily on site at the NATO HQ offices in Brussels, Belgium. Frequent travels or short deployments to NATO Command Structure bodies would be required. Due to the nature of the work, minimal teleworking can be foreseen.
The services of the contractor are required for the period starting 8th of January 2024 until 31st December 2024.
A contract extension is possible for the calendar year 2025. Future contract extensions are subject to performance of the contractor and related NATO regulations.
7. SPECIFIC WORKING CONDITIONS
Secure environment with standard working hours. Occasional non-standard hours may be required in support of the NATO Chief Information Officer urgent tasks.
Occasional business travel may be required. Travel expenses will be reimbursed to the individual directly (in addition to the hourly rate) under NATO rules.
9. SECURITY AND NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT
The contractor must be in possession or capable of possessing a security clearance of NATO SECRET.
A signed Non-Disclosure Agreement will be required.
The incumbent must possess:
- The candidate must have a currently active NATO SECRET security clearance
- A university degree, or an equivalent level of qualification, in ICT or a cyber-security related discipline;
- At least 3 years of experience in cybersecurity with focus on network monitoring and situational awareness, and cybersecurity data analytics, preferably in a large organisation;
- Experience in supporting the design, implementation and management of network security monitoring capabilities in large distributed IT environment, including collection, correlation, aggregation and analysis of secure data and events;
- Experience in the generation, provision and long-term assessment of cybersecurity recommendations and guidance originating from incidents happening in and through cyberspace and/or evidences coming from the threat analysis;
- Knowledge and experience in trend analysis and advanced technical operations in support of the defence of large Enterprise Networks;
- Experience developing cybersecurity dashboards, correlating information from multiple sources;
- Knowledge and experience in coordinating multiple stakeholders in large, decentralized and multi-cultural organizations;
- An excellent knowledge of network and infrastructure security principles, along with best practices for implementing protective measures, monitoring and logging;
- A good knowledge of the principles, policy and procedures governing cybersecurity, preferably in military and/or defence organizations;
- The ability to draft clear and concise reports, produce and maintain cybersecurity incident reports, security and risks logs and systems in support of cybersecurity incident response activities.
The following are considered an advantage:
- Cybersecurity certifications such as CISSP, CISM or equivalent post-graduate degree in cybersecurity;
- Experience with NATO’s cybersecurity environment, specifically in the CIS security field and related functions;
- Experience in the monitoring and assessment of security audits’ results in support of the risk management processes of a large organization;
- Experience in leading staff work on large and complex projects and to coordinate multiple stakeholders in different and separate locations;
- Experience in incident and risk management tools;
- Knowledge of the NATO organisation, its security policy and supporting directives.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Startup environment
More jobs like this
Birmingham, United Kingdom Birmingham, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 112K * USD 60K+ *
Cyber Consultants / Check Team Lead PentestersClearance Linux Open Source Pentesting Security Clearance Vulnerabilities
Career development Flex hours Gear Health care Home office stipend +2
Remote - Ireland Remote - Ireland Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote Ireland, UK and CanadaNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs