Software Engineer, Security - University Graduate 2023
San Mateo, CA United States
VerkadaImagine all your building and security products on a single cloud-managed platform, accessible from anywhere in the world. Free 30-day trial. Simple, secure and scalable.
Who We Are
Verkada is looking for security engineering new grads to join our team for an exciting and challenging opportunity. We are seeking engineers who will thrive in a startup culture working alongside teammates to launch products that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As a new grad working with the Security Engineering team, you will have opportunities to work across the full software stack and collaborate cross-functionally to secure the latest iterations of Verkada’s flagship software enabling our best-in-class security systems.
- Depending on your interests, work in one or more of the following domains:
- Partner with software engineering teams to build threat models
- Fix, triage, and fix vulnerabilities in our embedded software stack
- Assist product teams with secure hardware developmentFind, triage and fix vulnerabilities in AWS, Kubernetes, containers, microservices and code.
- Build frameworks and libraries to mitigate classes of security vulnerabilities
- Build scalable distributed systems capable of monitoring and detecting security events from across Verkada’s infrastructure.
- Automate responses to security incidents.
- Work cross-functionally to solve problems outside of your normal scope.
- Graduating by June 2023. MS in Security is acceptable if you have bachelor’s degree and can code.
- Familiar with: Python, Golang or C, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, AWS, Docker, etc.
- Comfortable working in an agile team software development environment.
- Familiarity with REST APIs, ability to read Python server code a plus!
At Verkada, we want to attract and retain the best employees, and compensate them in a way that appropriately and fairly values their individual contribution to the company. With that in mind, we carefully consider a number of factors to determine the appropriate starting pay for an employee, including their primary work location and an assessment of a candidate’s skills and experience, as well as market demands and internal parity. This estimate can vary based on the factors described above, so the actual starting annual base salary may be above or below this range. This estimate is also just one component of Verkada’s total rewards package. A Verkada employee may be eligible for additional forms of compensation, depending on their role, including sales incentives, discretionary bonuses, and/or equity in the company in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Verkada Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
As an equal opportunity employer, Verkada is committed to providing employment opportunities to all individuals. All applicants for positions at Verkada will be treated without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs