Senior Application Security Engineer
Athens, GR - Remote
CENSUS is an internationally acclaimed Cybersecurity services provider. We support the needs of multiple industries, providing IT and OT security services to public and private organizations around the world, ranging from financial institutions and critical infrastructure to automotive and secure communications, including Fortune 500 companies. Powered by cutting-edge research, scientific analysis and in-depth engineering experience across various industries & technologies, CENSUS delivers unparalleled security consulting & assessment services for products (software, services, devices, and large-scale platforms), infrastructure, and organizations.
Learn more about CENSUS at census-labs.com.
About the Job / Key Responsibilities:
CENSUS’ bespoke cybersecurity services are built upon a talented pool of Security Engineers, whose role extends beyond mere adherence to industry best practices. Under the management and mentorship of our Technical Leads and Technical Project Managers, our Senior Security Engineers are entrusted with assessing the completeness and maturity of an extensive range of cybersecurity products and features. Along with capturing defects and inefficiencies, in-depth mitigation strategies are explored, presented, and re-evaluated post their integration, in a highly agile and adaptive service delivery model.
We are looking for talented & ambitious professionals to grow our Product Security Professional Services team and join our ongoing mission to deliver in-depth and top-tier cybersecurity services to our valued clients. As part of this role, you will use your knowledge and experience - in the Application Security domain – to execute design reviews, implementation assessments and mitigation consulting activities scoped across products of various industries. You will work side-by-side with our clients’ development and security teams & partners, under engagements / projects that involve:
- Reviewing product security designs, documenting missing security controls, and driving analysis for security improvements.
- Executing and reviewing threat modelling, attack surface enumeration and attack tree creation activities for products running on cloud platforms.
- Researching, reviewing, comparing, and proposing technologies that can satisfy the client’s established requirements, and aligning with their strategies.
- Executing end-to-end security posture assessments for mobile, web and special purpose applications via source code auditing, functional testing, fuzz testing and other applicable methodologies.
- Validating CI/CD pipelines and auditing deployment configurations across various hosting environment models (native, hybrid, etc.).
- Verifying if output implementation is aligned with the products’ security architecture, requirements, and threat model.
- Documenting and presenting product security risks in both technical- and business-oriented language.
- Support a small team (2-3) of security engineers and consultants to successfully assess and research bleeding edge technologies and products.
- MSc or BSc. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience in application security (mobile, web front-end, backend, full-stack, special purpose applications, etc.) related roles. Experience can be an engineering / development position (e.g., consumer or enterprise), an assessment / consultancy role, an equivalent role in other engineering organizations, or a combination of them.
- Proven experience in developing, auditing, or testing security solutions at the application level for mobile, web / cloud, embedded / IoT or special purpose computing platforms.
- Experience with assessing and researching mobile (iOS & Android) or web / cloud platform security architecture and engaged technologies.
- Experience with performing design-level security reviews and verify that output implementation is aligned with the design and input threat models.
- Experience in reading & comprehending source code, discerning business logic pitfalls, and identifying security flaws in at least one of the following groups of languages:
o Native- and IoT-relevant, such as C and C++.
- Experience with application authentication, authorization, identity, access management, and secrets management technologies, such as OAuth, MFA, SSO, JWT, PKI, Cloud IAM, Password-less authentication, HashiCorp Vault, etc.
- Experience with applied cryptography and cryptographic protocols, such as E2E protection, authenticated encryption, mTLS, Key Exchange / Agreement, Key Derivation, Key Wrapping and Remote Key Attestation.
- Experience in identifying and reporting security vulnerabilities on software running on web or mobile platforms (OWASP Web / Mobile Top10 vulnerabilities, data encryption, transport layer protections, insecure configurations, secrets management, etc.).
- Familiarity with debugging, instrumenting, and profiling software running on edge or server / cloud platforms.
- Familiarity with Zero Trust architectures, confidential computing, virtualization, enclaves, containers, and attestation technologies.
- Familiarity with application reverse engineering or fuzz testing methods.
- Experience of working with international teams in other regions and time zones worldwide.
- Problem solving skills, analytical thinking, and willingness to learn/grow.
- Proficient in English and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to travel (2-4m/year)
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs