Information Security Engineer
We’re the world’s leading sports technology company, at the intersection between sports, media, and betting. More than 1,700 sports federations, media outlets, betting operators, and consumer platforms across 120 countries rely on our know-how and technology to boost their business.
The Security Engineering squad is a group of security engineers with the clear mission to enable IT Security and Information Security processes by internally providing specialized services. The squad acts as an internal service provider supporting both security focused teams and other business units.
As Subject Matter Experts (SME), Security Engineers are required to be technically equipped to take over responsibility of services operated and offered internally. The services in scope currently cover typical SOC solutions (SIEM, NIDS, SOAR, WAF, etc.).
Accountabilities and Activities:
Take responsibility over a set of toolsets.
Design, architect and implement technical solutions based on business requirements.
Perform regular maintenance to mature the service setup and ensure a healthy state.
Implement continuous improvements following business updates.
Adapt the service based on self-driven recommendations and user requirements.
Ensure service availability by continuous monitoring of resources, service usage and license utilization.
Identifying opportunities to improve security services and monitoring.
Act as a primary point of contact towards internal users in addition to conducting ongoing and on demand training internally.
Ensure and maintain compliance of the toolsets in scope for the various audits (ISO, SOX, etc.).
Conduct Proof of Concept/Value by researching technologies and evaluating vendors and products following industry best practices.
Support product and vendor decisions with planning, implementation and documentation.
Support your team members on their tasks.
Maintain and develop detailed and up to date internal documentation.
Contribute to the development and implementation of security governance in IT, ensuring application security principles are applied during design and into business as usual processes to reduce risk, drive adoption and adherence to policies, standards and guidelines by the wider business.
Provide advice and guidance to other teams within the business on good practice and maintain relevant and current industry knowledge.
5+ years of experience working in a security operations environment, preferably in a security engineering role. (or a related role, i.e. System Administrator with security responsibilities).
Familiarity with cloud/virtualization technologies (AWS, GCP and K8s) and automation (ansible, puppet, terraform etc.)
Understanding of fundamental security concepts and terminologies (CIA, basic cryptography knowledge etc.)
Advanced scripting skills in Python, Bash, PowerShell etc.
Advanced Network knowledge, including Firewall management.
Familiarity with SIEM tools (Splunk, Elastic Stack etc.)
Good knowledge of identified operating system platforms; routers, network protocols, and security architecture.
Good knowledge of industry standard security tools for implementation, administration and usage.
Advanced networking, analysis and security skills.
Ability to work independently, to carry responsibility and to self-learn.
Excellent oral and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences.
Fluency in English.
Experience working in a Security Operations Centre or as a Security Engineer.
Fluency in programming languages i.e. Python.
Applied experience working with M365 security tools (MDATP, MS Defender for Identity etc.)
A track record of technical delivery working within a fast paced and pressured environment.
Desired Qualifications, Education and Certifications
Advanced college coursework in Computer Science or Information Technology, or equivalent experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security or similar, or equivalent industry experience.
Industry certifications such as: CISSP/CISM, SANS GIAC Certifications, C.E.H/L.P.T, Other relevant certs
Sportradar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to encourage diversity within our teams. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to among other things, your background, status, or personal preferences
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Tags: Ansible Application security Audits Automation AWS Bash C CIA CISM CISSP Cloud Compliance Computer Science Cryptography Firewalls GCP GIAC Governance Kubernetes Monitoring PowerShell Puppet Python SANS Scripting SIEM SOAR SOC Splunk Terraform
More jobs like this
Communications House,, Staines-Upon-Thames, United … Communications House,, Staines-Upon-Thames, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 135K - 220K * USD 135K+ *
Mobile Security Engineer - CertificationAndroid Banking C Finance Industrial Linux +7
Competitive pay Flex hours Gear Home office stipend Salary bonus
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs