Manager (m/f/d) - Network Security Services
You probably think that working for an online travel agency that manages hundreds of millions of bookings per year or working for an airline that operates hundreds of thousands of flights per year must bring their fair chair of challenge. If so, just try to realize the scalability, the performance, the resiliency, the geographical distribution challenges that are behind the system that powers 150 airlines, hundreds of websites, tens of airports, thousands of hotel properties. Just one fact to illustrate: In peak times, we process more than 17,000 transactions per second (1 billion+ transactions per day) at an average system response time of less than 0.3 seconds.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting?
Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
- Accountable for the budget, performance and results of a medium-sized team. Influences the resource, budget and policy planning and sets concrete development plans for the team members.
- Has a mid/long-term vision of the activity and the business, influences the department's strategy based on a broad understanding of the environment. Exposed to complex decision making.
- Works with a high level of autonomy, based on management directions, escalating issues only when necessary.
Manage infrastructure components such as various network security based platform components. The Platform Engineering role designs, builds and maintains the platforms which form the base for the solutions and services. The Platform Engineer is highly involved in the shift from legacy based environments to cloud based solutions and combines former Network Security Engineer and System Administration roles. Platform engineering teams aim to build tooling and infrastructure that increases engineering productivity.
Deliver and implement the global network security foundation services technology solutions according to business needs particularly achieving agility and time to market requirements, with optimized and shortest lead time to connect and according to infrastructure demand forecast
Manage and maintain the network security foundation services technology solutions' infrastructure components to ensure compliance, business efficiency, flexibility and increase the value chain.
Drive the automation of the network security services to enable a shift to a software defined network paradigm.
Automate the network security solutions to seamless interface with the software defined network approach in the cloud
Provide support in the incident and problem management processes in all the network security foundation services technology solutions related issues.
Support the definition and maintenance of the network security foundation services technology solutions standard and component catalogue based on the requirements of the SREs.
Manage the capacity pools, related provisioning (hardware and software) processes up to the purchasing interface including the financial aspects.
Manage the relationship with external vendors and providers for ordering, provider SLA follow-up.
Lead, motivate, coach and develop team members – drive a culture of strong staff engagement.
Manage team performance from a delivery point of view along given targets, directives and processes.
Foster continuous improvement as an incremental piece of the daily work.
Understand customers’ (internal/external) needs and translate them into services.
Effectively communicate with team members, peers and management.
Qualification (School, university, equivalent, etc.)
University degree in computer science or equivalent
Know How / Skills
Demonstrate leadership ability and management skills
Ability to lead team, empower staff, run development discussions, relationship building and constrains management
Excellent interpersonal skills and self-motivation
Good communication skills, with fluency in English both written and oral
Very good knowledge of associated platform(s) and tools related to network # network security
Good knowledge in scripting and software development concepts
Very good knowledge of information system security standards (CISSP)
Good debugging and problem analysis skills required
Project management experience
Presentation and Report writing
Relevant Job Experience
In general, min. 5-years’ experience in a similar job or relevant long-term experience in a coordination, project management role, or equivalent, in a large international environment.
What we offer to you:
Join an innovative company which undertakes an amazing journey to the #cloud
Experience in an environment with unique complexity and a hardly matched criticality among the leading tech companies
Professional development in a truly international and multisite environment with a great mix of people
A wide set of trainings available to broaden your knowledge and enhance your soft skills incl. on-line learning hubs, packed of technical and soft skills to help you develop any competencies
Enter an engaging, diverse and inclusive workplace
Competitive remuneration and a number of additional benefits such as internet and commuting allowance, job bike, subsidized canteen, insurances, hybrid working model incl. up to 30 days of work from abroad, etc.
Access to Gympass and ICAS, providing health and mental support among other services
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and seek to hire the best candidate regardless of age, beliefs, disability, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Birmingham, United Kingdom Birmingham, United Kingdom Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 60K - 112K * USD 60K+ *
Cyber Consultants / Check Team Lead PentestersClearance Linux Open Source Pentesting Security Clearance Vulnerabilities
Career development Flex hours Gear Health care Home office stipend +2
Remote - Ireland Remote - Ireland Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 42K - 78K * USD 42K+ *
Sr. Director Analyst, Technical Expert - SOC, SIEM, Network Security, Remote Ireland, UK and CanadaNetwork security Privacy SIEM SOC Strategy ZTNA
Career development Conferences Startup environment Team events
Remote - United Kingdom Remote - United Kingdom Full TimeExecutive Executive-levelUSD 45K - 85K * USD 45K+ *
Director Analyst, Cryptography and Encryption - Remote UK, IrelandAES Blockchain C Certificate management Cloud Compliance +13
Career development Competitive pay Conferences Health care Insurance +5
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs