Cyber Security Consultant
We believe in better. And we make it happen.
Better content. Better products. And better careers.
Working in Tech, Product or Data at Sky is about building the next and the new.
From broadband to broadcast, streaming to mobile, SkyQ to Sky Glass, we never stand still. We optimise and innovate.
We turn big ideas into the products, content and services millions of people love.
And we do it all right here at Sky.
What you'll do
Provide subject matter expertise and consultative services, incorporating various aspects of Information security to business and technical stakeholders.
Perform security reviews in-line with best practice and assist in facilitating remedial activity. This includes M&A pre and post acquisition.
Have an understanding of geo-political cyber threats.
Perform third party assurance activities to identify and minimise the associated risks.
Formalise internal processes and documentation in relation to the relevant internal services provided.
Act as a mentor and escalation point for junior members of staff as needed.
What you'll bring
5+ years experience in Information Security and/ or related fields.
Previous experience in a consulting role preferred but not essential.
Experience with a variety of security technology and services.
Relevant Security, Project Management and technical qualifications, including but not limited to CISSP, CISA, CISM, Prince2, TOGAF etc. preferred.
Knowledge and experience with technology, security and DP related compliance, legal & regulatory frameworks and standards, including ISO27001, PCI DSS, OWASP, GDPR etc.
Experience in working with technical and non technical business personnel at various levels, articulating security risks in a manner appropriate to the stakeholders.
Ability to lead key services in-line with business requirements
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our products, platforms and technologies are constantly evolving that’s why keeping Sky safe from cyber-attacks is one of our top priorities. Our Cyber Security team helps the business grow while protecting our customers, colleagues and partners from increasingly sophisticated cyber threats. Our team includes Cyber Fusion Centre, Security Services, Risk and Compliance, Programme Delivery and Business Security, and we work across the UK, Italy and Germany. Join us and you’ll get involved in tackling challenges and future threats in an ever-changing cyber landscape.
There's one thing people can't stop talking about when it comes to #LifeAtSky: the perks. Here’s a taster:
Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
The magic of Sky Glass at an exclusive rate
A generous pension package
Discounted mobile and broadband
A wide range of Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Inclusion & how you'll work
We are a Disability Confident Employer, and welcome and encourage applications from all candidates. We will look to ensure a fair and consistent experience for all, and will make reasonable adjustments to support you where appropriate. Please flag any adjustments you need to your recruiter as early as you can.
We’ve embraced hybrid working and split our time between unique office spaces and the convenience of working from home. You’ll find out more about what hybrid working looks like for your role later on in the recruitment process.
Your office space
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There are also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you’ll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed, and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We'd love to hear from you
Inventive, forward-thinking minds come together to work in Tech, Product and Data at Sky.
It’s a place where you can explore what if, how far, and what next.
But better doesn’t stop at what we do, it’s how we do it, too. We embrace each other’s differences.
We support our community and contribute to a sustainable future for our business and the planet.
If you believe in better, we’ll back you all the way.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
Perks/benefits: Team events
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior SOC Analyst jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs