Senior Cybersecurity Consultant
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Here at Datacom we connect people and technology in order to solve challenges, create opportunities and discover new possibilities for the communities we live in.
Our Cybersecurity team are passionate, driven and inclusive. We work hard, together, and will always make time to help each other learn and grow.
With the ever-emerging threat on IT systems it is imperative Datacom continue to grow our Cyber practice. Are you interested in honing and developing your current skillset in Cybersecurity?
About the Role
As a Senior Cybersecurity Consultant, you will work with a growing national consulting and advisory team to support engagements ranging from large Federal departments and state governments, through to commercial and local councils. You will be providing timely and effective security advice and ensuring compliance with mandated security standards.
As a Senior Cybersecurity Consultant, you will be responsible for a range of activities from simple and straight forward through to more technically complex work, often with limited direction. You will however be supported by a technically adept, skilled and experienced global team while being accountable for documenting the risks and security controls for current-state and target-state solutions that help drive the modernisation agenda.
You will join a growing national team and have the opportunity to identify areas you enjoy working in and areas you’d like to be more challenged in, from public sector to private, industry vertical and even domain specific.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Cybersecurity Consultant, you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Recording Cybersecurity current state and providing appropriate advice to support improvements to the organisation’s cybersecurity posture
- Evaluating and making recommendations on the organisation's Cybersecurity architecture, including new security solutions and providing implementation teams guidance to minimise interruption to services.
- Assist with the development and/or review of Cybersecurity Risk Management Plans including the documentation of implemented security controls
- Assist with the development and/or review of System Security Plans including the documentation of information security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Identifying business risks / vulnerabilities and suggesting enhancements to existing security products.
- Identifying security requirements for new applications and other software products.
- Liaising with other business units in the identification of controls and preparation of reports to management on security incidents.
- Consulting with client’s in the development, deployment, documentation and management of security policies, procedures, standards and strategies.
- Assisting with security awareness training programs.
- Providing expertise and input on emerging security technologies, issues and directions.
- Supporting and assisting with related organisational changes and activities that are required as an outcome of business improvement activities.
What you’ll bring
To be successful in this role, you will need to be an Australian Citizen and be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
As Senior Cybersecurity Consultant, you will bring at least 5 years Cybersecurity experience, ideally from within a managed service provider. You will possess a strong understanding of ICT security policy in both government and commercial settings, and will bring a background in large and complex projects. Specifically you will have a strong command of the federal government standards and controls from the Information Security Manual (ISM) and more broadly the PSPF. You will be passionate about Cybersecurity, and driven to making a customer’s environment safe and secure. You will be a quick learner, self-driven and have exceptional communication and analytical skills. You are a team player, who is dedicated to both self-improvement and improvement of the wider Datacom community.
In addition, you will have expert knowledge and experience in undertaking ICT security compliance and Cybersecurity risk assessments producing security documentation for both current-state and target-state. Along with proven ability to deliver information security solutions that meet business requirements and align with risk appetite and compliance obligations.
We have over 6,500 people across our global offices and generate an annual revenue of over NZ $1.2 billion annually. This makes us one of Australasia’s largest professional IT services companies.
We have extensive expertise in operating data centres, IT services, software engineering and application management, as well as payroll and customer service design and operations.
With this comes a long list of significant clients and Datacom is committed to hiring, developing and promoting the best talent from a diverse range of backgrounds to serve those clients.
We are local at heart, yet world-class in capability.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs