Lead Employee relations Consultant
DiscoverDiscover bank offers online banking, reward credit cards, home equity loans, student loans, and personal loans to help meet your financial needs.
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Responsible for assisting in the implementation of ER strategies, programs, and policies, which promote productive and positive relationships between managers, employees, and co-workers by helping to prevent and resolve issues between individuals. Responsible for following ER-related policies and procedures in a consistent and expedient manner to ensure that employees are treated fairly and actions taken are in compliance with company policy and government regulations. In addition to handling day-to-day ER matters, may also help to educate appropriate audiences with the goal of minimizing legal risk and preventing unfair treatment of employees. Will work on local ER projects and cross-functional ER projects. Actively manages and escalates risk and customer-impacting issues within the day-to-day role to management.
Leads local ER projects and may lead cross-functional projects.
Consults with management and leadership on reorganizations and position eliminations. Evaluates and provides counsel on legal risk and mitigation. Ensures the fair treatment of employees.
Advises Managers and employees on issues related to policy interpretation, basic employment law and/or compliance situations, and the handling of workplace threat situations. Consults with managers on reorganizations and position eliminations—evaluating and providing counsel on legal risk and mitigation, and ensuring fair treatment of employees.
Intakes and investigates formal employee complaints and recommends action. Provides advice and counsel to employees to help them address issues with co-workers and management. Facilitates mediation between parties.
Provides advice and guidance to managers in assigned business units to address employee performance and conduct issues. Provides guidance, review and approval of corrective actions, and recommendations for termination.
Handles miscellaneous ER activities such as conducting exit interviews; conducts ER-related training for managers; maintains ER records and produces ER reports; and handles the most complex LOA matters, accommodations, and return to work issues.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
Bachelor's Degree in HR, Psychology, Business, or related field
6+ years of experience in Employee relations, employment law, corrective action, employee complaints or related
In lieu of education, 10+ years Employee relations, employment law, corrective action, employee complaints or related
Compensation:The base pay for this position generally ranges between $74,000.00 to $124,800.00. Additional incentives may be provided as part of a market competitive total compensation package. Factors, such as but not limited to, geographical location, relevant experience, education, and skill level may impact the pay for this position.
We also offer a range of benefits and programs based on eligibility. These benefits include:
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Vision, & Health Savings Account
STD, Life, LTD and AD&D
Family Support Programs
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Learn more at MyDiscoverBenefits.com.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status. (Know Your Rights)
More jobs like this
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open SQL-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs