Senior Security Engineer
Join our team either remotely or in our HQ in Amsterdam. This role can be based in any location within the EMEA region.
We’re proud (and excited!) to be transforming the global communications landscape through our Omnichannel Platform-as-a-Service (OPaaS). Our cloud communications solutions make it possible for over 25,000 businesses to instantly connect with billions of devices worldwide, allowing them to speak with their customers in the same ways they talk to their friends.
Headquartered in Amsterdam, we operate across 10 international hubs and we’re proud to be a “Work Anywhere” company. Our unique and united culture is rooted in our team: a diverse flock of over 700 Birds who represent 55 nationalities and counting. We’re smart, fast, and hungry, and our potential for growth is limitless.
How we work
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at MessageBird moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes.
We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our Birds are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
The role: Senior Security Engineer
As part of the Security Engineering Team, you will have a broad set of responsibilities and be able to see the impact of your work everyday throughout MessageBird. As a Security Engineer, your focus will be on the applications and systems that MessageBird (and its acquisitions) create, always pushing the bar for improving the security throughout the development lifecycle, deployments and live running applications and cloud infrastructure. This will include cloud native security practices, CI/CD pipeline security enhancements, security monitoring, security assessments and developing innovative security solutions to automate and scale security at MessageBird.
As you will be part of a small team you will also have the opportunity to grow your skill sets and get involved in all aspects of security across MessageBird, including cloud infrastructure security, application security, security monitoring and incident response, penetration testing and vulnerability management, data security, governance and compliance.
We are a small group of security professionals who are passionate about all things security. We’re here to help MessageBird implement and embed fit-for-purpose, scalable and modern security across our organisation. We’re like-minded individuals spread across Western Europe who geek out about cloud security, automating scalable security solutions, hacking, hardware security and cryptography among many other topics. We like to leverage open source tooling and write our own where none exist. We catch up (virtually) regularly and work together to improve not only our own knowledge and experiences but also the security of MessageBird.
What you’ll do
- Design and operate data-driven security systems.
- Work with the platform team and help to build a trustworthy and agile platform and network.
- Work with other tech teams defining company wide security policies and ways of working.
- Hack our own products and systems and manage vulnerabilities (including sometimes fixing them)
- Help other teams assess risks of the solutions they are delivering.
- Work alongside our Information Security team and help them come up with technical solutions.
What you’ll bring
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience as a security engineer oriented role
- Experience in some of:
- developing secure code and/or assessing code for security issues
- web application & API security
- implementing security in a cloud environment
- automation of security tools or frameworks in CI/CD pipelines
Psst… some added perks
- The ability to Work Anywhere — literally anywhere you want, as long as it’s in the same time zone as your team (yup… you read that right!). This comes with the added benefit of finding the right work-life balance for you by following our 80/20 rule.
- WFH office set-up allowance to make sure you have all you need to “get shit done” in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- Top-notch work equipment (including active noise-cancelling headphones!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you well-dressed.
- The occasional (virtual) company-wide and team events.
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from more than 50 countries!
MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you’re a match for this role and can bring some great skills to the MessageBird team, please apply! We’re excited to get to know you.
Explore more Information Security career opportunities
- Open Senior Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Response Analyst Jobs
- Open SOC Analyst Jobs
- Open Senior Penetration Tester Jobs
- Open IT Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Architect Jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Vulnerability Analyst Jobs
- Open Personnel Security Officer Jobs
- Open Infrastructure Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst Jobs
- Open DevOps Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Software Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer Jobs
- Open Sr. Software Engineer - Detection Engineering Jobs
- Open Senior Incident Response Analyst Jobs
- Open Staff Engineer, Cloud Security Jobs
- Open Privacy Manager Jobs
- Open IAM Engineer Jobs
- Open Threat Intelligence Analyst Jobs
- Open Manager, Cybersecurity and Trust Jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Analyst Jobs
- Open Clearance-related jobs
- Open NIST-related jobs
- Open PCI-related jobs
- Open Open Source-related jobs
- Open CEH-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open Machine Learning-related jobs
- Open Ruby-related jobs
- Open Intrusion detection-related jobs
- Open OSCP-related jobs
- Open Security assessments-related jobs
- Open IPS-related jobs
- Open Encryption-related jobs
- Open Threat detection-related jobs
- Open Docker-related jobs
- Open HIPAA-related jobs
- Open Cryptography-related jobs
- Open TCP/IP-related jobs
- Open DevSecOps-related jobs
- Open Unix-related jobs
- Open PowerShell-related jobs
- Open DNS-related jobs