Senior Security Engineer, Cloud Platform Security
Wayfair Inc.Shop Wayfair for A Zillion Things Home across all styles and budgets. 5,000 brands of furniture, lighting, cookware, and more. Free Shipping on most items.
Candidates for this position are preferred to be based in Toronto, ON and will be expected to comply with their team's hybrid work schedule requirements.
Who We Are:
The Cyber Security Engineering Team is responsible for protecting Wayfair’s production systems wherever they may live. We constantly seek innovative and automated ways to implement security throughout the Wayfair environment. We also thrive on generating and enriching security data for incident responders so they are well informed about the threats we face. We are looking to bring on an experienced Security Engineer who can help us prototype and build core pieces of security infrastructure. This person should have extensive experience in and a well-rounded knowledge of applying security engineering principles in a large and technologically diverse enterprise environment.
Interested in learning more about Wayfair’s Engineering community?
- Check out our Wayfair Tech Blog: https://www.aboutwayfair.com/careers/tech-blog.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and prototype technology solutions that solve security challenges within the realm of Cloud and Infrastructure Security
- Solve security problems through tactical synthesis of core infrastructure, code, and automation that embed security into our Cloud Solutions.
- Serve as a primary go-to security expert for other engineering teams and engage in Threat Modelling and Security Design Reviews with various stakeholders.
- Develop security standards for container ecosystems and operating systems.
We Are a Match Because You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, CS, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field and 5+ years of experience in a security or information technology related field
- The ability to solve security problems with multiple solutions and thoroughly explain the risks and tradeoffs of each.
- High Level understanding of industry regulations such as PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, and GDPR and experience with Security benchmarks such as CIS.
- Experience working with Security in at least one Public Cloud Platform, preferably GCP.
- Experience with Policy as Code and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform preferred), as well as with Python or other modern scripting languages.
- Prior experience or research focused on secure execution environments through low-level technologies such as Virtual Machines and Containers.
- Strong collaboration skills to partner with Engineering stakeholders to drive security
Why You’ll Love Wayfair:
- Time Off:
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health & Wellness:
- Full Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Protection (Short Term & Long Term Disability)
- Global Wellbeing: Gym/Fitness discounts (including US Peloton, Global ClassPass, and various regional gym memberships)
- Mental Health Support (Global Mental Health, Global Wayhealthy Recordings)
- Caregiver Services
- Financial Growth & Security:
- RRSP (Registered Retirement Savings Plan)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Financial Health Education (Knowledge of Financial Education - KOFE)
- Tax Advantaged Accounts
- Family Support:
- Family Planning Support
- Parental Leave
- Global Surrogacy & Adoption Policy
- Professional Development & Recognition:
- Rewards & Recognition
- Global Employee Anniversary Awards
- Paid Volunteer Work
- Unique Perks:
- Employee Discount
- U.S. Bluebikes Membership
- Global Pod Outings
- Work/Life Balance:
- Emphasizing a supportive & flexible work environment that encourages a balance between personal and professional commitments
We are looking forward to your application!
Assistance for Individuals with Disabilities
Wayfair is fully committed to providing equal opportunities for all individuals, including individuals with disabilities. As part of this commitment, Wayfair will make reasonable accommodations to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified individuals with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on business operations. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, please let us know by completing our Accomodations for Applicants form.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We are interested in retaining your data for a period of 12 months to consider you for suitable positions within Wayfair. Your personal data is processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice (which can found here: https://www.wayfair.com/careers/privacy). If you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com. If you would rather not have us retain your data please contact us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
USA - Saint Charles, … USA - Saint Charles, MO Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 73K - 154K USD 73K+
Systems Engineer Support Analyst - Direct Attack Weapons (Associate, Experienced, or Lead)C Clearance Compliance Jira PhD Privacy +2
Career development Competitive pay Flex vacation Health care Insurance +5
Saint Louis, Missouri, United … Saint Louis, Missouri, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 75K - 140K * USD 75K+ *
Director, Cyber Architecture and EngineeringCloud Privacy Risk assessment Risk management Strategy Teaching
Career development Health care Team events Transparency
Santa Clara, CA, United … Santa Clara, CA, United States Full TimeSenior Senior-levelUSD 85K - 110K USD 85K+
Palo Alto Networks
Staff Engineer Software (L7- Network Security)Application security C Cloud Computer Science Firewalls Golang +6
Career development Medical leave Salary bonus Startup environment
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Application security-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open Splunk-related jobs
- Open EDR-related jobs