Security Software Engineer
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Tech Firefly is teaming up with a credit card company to hire a Security Software Engineer. If you are experienced with these skills please apply today!
Position Type: Contract W2
Location: Atlanta, GA or Phoenix, AZ (Hybrid on-site)
- Deliver Cloud Security Engineering functions intended to establish security code elements across private and public multi-cloud
- Provide security and engineering expertise and guidance to the Cloud Programs, including Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Policy as Code (PaC).
- Collaborate with enterprise architects and SMEs to deliver complete security architecture solutions.
- Design and deliver Container security requirements and guardrails across VMs, Containers, CNI, CSI, and Mesh
- Identify exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges.
- Present key security ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical), in an effective manner.
- 3 years of experience in Information Security roles.
- 2 years of experience with OpenShift or Kubernetes cluster administration or Kubernetes security solution implementation.
- Experience with Docker, Open Container Initiative (OCI), or similar containerization platforms.
- Experience in defining Rego policies for enforcement through Open Policy Agent (OPA) Gatekeeper.
- Proven ability to read and critique source code, including Terraform and either Python or Go.
- Experience building and consuming REST or GraphQL APIs using Python or Go is preferred.
- Experience in applying Security Principles to Kubernetes or OpenShift clusters and container workloads.
- 2+ years of experience utilizing Git, GitOps and various Git workflows.
- Experience with pull-based GitOps via ArgoCD to manage cluster deployments and workloads as code.
- Experience working with GitHub Actions or Jenkins Pipelines.
- Understanding of Cloud Fundamentals, including securing public cloud with data protection controls.
- Experience performing validation and verification of configurations in a cloud environment.
- Knowledge of security configuration management, container security, endpoint security and secrets management as they are applied to cloud applications.
- Knowledge of network architecture, proxy infrastructure, and programs to support network access and enablement.
- Understanding of multiple Information Security domains, such as Identity & Access Management, Infrastructure Vulnerability Management, Network Security, Data Loss Prevention, End User Security, etc.
- Experience in defining resources configurations using Terraform or Helm.
- Understanding of DevOps and DevSecOps principles
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electric Computer Engineering (ECE) or equivalent information security degree.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) or equivalent work experience.
- Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS) preferred.
- Other Information Security or Cloud Certifications preferred, such as CISSP, CISM, CCSP.
* Salary range is an estimate based on our InfoSec / Cybersecurity Salary Index 💰
More jobs like this
Herndon, Virginia, USA Herndon, Virginia, USA Full TimeMid Mid-levelUSD 25K - 46K * USD 25K+ *
Security Incident Response Engineer, Security Response and Engineering (SRE)Application security Automation AWS Cloud Computer Science Cryptography +12
Career development Conferences Flex hours Team events
Explore more InfoSec / Cybersecurity career opportunities
Find even more open roles in Ethical Hacking, Pen Testing, Security Engineering, Threat Research, Vulnerability Management, Cryptography, Digital Forensics and Cyber Security in general - ordered by popularity of job title or skills, toolset and products used - below.
- Open Information Security Specialist jobs
- Open Consultant infrastructure sécurité H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Analyst jobs
- Open IT Security Analyst jobs
- Open Consultant SOC / CERT H/F jobs
- Open Senior Information Security Engineer jobs
- Open Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Staff Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Operations Engineer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder junior (H/F) jobs
- Open Ingénieur DevSecops H/F jobs
- Open Cybersecurity Consultant jobs
- Open Senior Security Architect jobs
- Open Chief Information Security Officer jobs
- Open Analyste CERT / Incident Responder senior (H/F) jobs
- Open Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) jobs
- Open Senior Security Analyst jobs
- Open o365 Security Architect jobs
- Open Principal Security Engineer jobs
- Open Senior Cyber Security Engineer jobs
- Open Staff Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Electronic Warfare Advanced Tactical Trainer jobs
- Open Product Security Engineer jobs
- Open Security Researcher jobs
- Open Cyber Security Architect jobs
- Open SOC-related jobs
- Open GCP-related jobs
- Open Risk assessment-related jobs
- Open Governance-related jobs
- Open Network security-related jobs
- Open Pentesting-related jobs
- Open ISO 27001-related jobs
- Open CISM-related jobs
- Open Analytics-related jobs
- Open SaaS-related jobs
- Open Threat intelligence-related jobs
- Open IAM-related jobs
- Open Malware-related jobs
- Open Security Clearance-related jobs
- Open Vulnerability management-related jobs
- Open Java-related jobs
- Open CISA-related jobs
- Open Security assessment-related jobs
- Open Kubernetes-related jobs
- Open DevOps-related jobs
- Open Forensics-related jobs
- Open APIs-related jobs
- Open DoD-related jobs
- Open IDS-related jobs
- Open CI/CD-related jobs